PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Thinking about purchasing a new H3

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Default Thinking about purchasing a new H3

Hello everyone,

My name is Pete and I'm new to this forum. I just gained a interest to the new H3 and would like some honest opinions about the power, handling, any problems that I should know about and the fit and finish of the vehicle.

I haven't driven one yet but it seems like a 5 cylinder would be underpowered for a vehicle of this type. Also, does the H3 have a selectable 4 wheel drive system that is not full time?

Also, I have a GM Supplier Discount number so would I be able to use this towards the purchase of the H3?

Thank you for you answers,

Pete

Old 12-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Default RE: Thinking about purchasing a new H3

Hi Pete,

You'll surly have to drive it to measure the power for yourself... Mine has good power for all of my needs but that does not mean they will satisfy everyone... There are a few in this class with higher power but the Jeeps and Explorers have about the same so you really have to get the pathfinder or Exterra to jump way up to 265hp... With the added intake and exhaust you should be able to get 250hp from this no problem but that's an extra $1200 or so...

Handling it is a good a truck as I have ever seen... A wicked turn radius, very nice steering and as good brakes as my corvettes had... The suspension is just right and it rides very nice...

Mine has no fit or finish issues at all...

The 4x4 in the adventure has fulltime high and low as well as a locking differential so it has the full spectrum...

Things I would watch for would be make sure it is equipped like you want it from the get go... Lots of options are factory options so be careful you don't assume you can add everything later... On the side rails, if you plan to off road get the rail protectors with the steps... I got the side rail tube type and now have to swap them for off roading in the spring...

No clue on the rest??

Old 12-24-2005, 10:16 PM

I agree with Rayvyn. Plenty of power, brakes are awesome, and it handles well for what it is. My other car is a 350z on 19's with race tires so I'm used to taking turns fast lol. 4WD is full time, with selectable high lock and 4W low lock. Unless you need to tow something really heavy this thing is great the way it is. The bonus is the MPG. I had a dude in a minivan talking to me at the gas station last night, he gets 19MPG driving THAT lol.

Old 12-27-2005, 01:57 AM

Buy the H3 dude, you wont regret it one bit, I parked mine of a 60 degree snowbank when i went to walmart, and watched people gaulk at it,