PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They stole my H2 :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:46 PM

If your **** is creeking/making noises you can do a couple things-

Pull all the panels, replace the push fittings. On overlapping pieces, put 3m double sided tape to lock them together. I'd only put patches of 1" strips on. You can do this anywhere a panel rests against something solid.

Someone else went an removed all the interior panels and had the backs rhino lined...Stiffened everything up/made the panels feel more durable. Thats no cheap though...your looking at $600-800 for that.

Last option is to simply turn up the stereo and forget about it

Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 PM

Man that sucks OP...

This is something I am worried about now being an H2 owner. Not to mention, I worry about vandalism due to the whole "class warfare" 99% crowd feeling they should be entitled to have nice things too.

Anyone else worry about that?

Old 03-26-2012, 02:14 PM

I guess it depends on where you live.
Thinking about putting a hybrid emblem on the back.
It might make them unsure about things. After all you can buy a hybrid escalade too right?

Old 03-26-2012, 02:58 PM

Chesh, to me it seems like its worse now than its ever been about people feeling like they're entitled to things whether they're done anything for them or not. jmo

Old 03-26-2012, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
wow really, my 06 creeks like a SOB.....mostly the front door panels and the console lid-that lid is ridiculous with the amount of noise that comes out of it lol!
Huh...how many miles you got? I have 34,000ish miles...

Old 03-26-2012, 05:44 PM

mine rattles a little also, I found that a quick and free fix for it is to crank up the volume

Old 03-26-2012, 08:16 PM

Ok, I'm game. We moved from Florida to Utah and while far from a HUMMER, our mini van developed all kinds of creaks once it got there at the end of October. The extremes from hot to cold was tough on an otherwise really tight van from Florida.
Moving on to the deuce---we traded our 3 for it and I was amazed at how bad everything squeeked on the 2 compared to how tight and snug the 3 was. I couldn't believe that a truck that was outstanding in every other way had that big of a problem with the squeeks. We've since moved back to Florida and while the temperature extremes aren't as bad as Utah was, we still get squeeks, just not as much.
I've always envisioned that the 08-09 H2's finally caught up to the interior quality of the 3's. Hope I'm not wrong?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by twinmill28
I've always envisioned that the 08-09 H2's finally caught up to the interior quality of the 3's. Hope I'm not wrong?
I hope you're not wrong either. I'll hopefully be able to track one down this week and investigate myself.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by nlhummer
I guess it depends on where you live.
Thinking about putting a hybrid emblem on the back.
It might make them unsure about things. After all you can buy a hybrid escalade too right?

Funny you say that. I jut recieved these decals in the mail that I will be putting on the back...

Old 03-26-2012, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
Chesh, to me it seems like its worse now than its ever been about people feeling like they're entitled to things whether they're done anything for them or not. jmo

Sure it is Matt. It's just going to get worse. If Zero gets re-elected... that's when the real fun will start

Quick Reply: They stole my H2 :(