PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there no relay for the turn signal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Default RE: Is there no relay for the turn signal?

ithink this can actually be done another way under the hood.....give me a day or so to dig up diagrams etc and see if i can come up with something. A short way might be to research a dual element bulb that will fit the existing socket and wire a relay on a key on source to energise the second element...just thinking out loud.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:44 PM

oops i think i miss understood...my 08 is different and i see now what you are trying to do. This may actually be easier. So what you want is amber corners on all the time, even when headlights off, and also serve as blinker/turn indicator at all times?
Is that correct?

Old 02-23-2008, 06:38 AM

Yes, that's totally what I want. Yesterday I received the relays I ordered but they sent the wrong. Actually I ordered the wrong[:@] Now I ordered the right ones (I hope so) and next week I will try...

Old 02-23-2008, 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: RealJeep
Not all of the H3's have amber DRL's in the turn signals. My 07 has the headlights as it's DRL's and the 08's seem to have the same. 2006 was the last year of the parking lights being on as DRL's. So what you need is a way to wire your turn signal lampsto be ON all the time and to be switched OFF/ON when signaling a turn.
That's right, I forgot that the headlights are on now instead of the ambers. I took fuse #39 out so I didn't remember that, sorry

Old 02-23-2008, 03:26 PM

That dang obnoxious clicking sound is annoying as ****. Not that bad until you get stuck a long light. Anyone changed that?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by H threeAlpha
This will require some logic circuits on your part but i'm sure what ever you are trying to do can be done.

Turn Signal Lamps
The FRT/TRN/HAZ/CRTSY/MIRR and REAR/TRN/HAZ fuses in the underhood fuse block supplies battery positive voltage to the body control module (BCM). When the turn signal switch is placed in either the left or right position, a signal is sent to the BCM to illuminate the desired turn signal lamps. The BCM has an internal flasher that sends an ON-OFF voltage signal to either the left or right turn signals and their instrument panel cluster (IPC) indicator. When the hazard switch is pressed, a separate ground signal is sent to the BCM to activate and flash all turn signal lamps including both IPC turn indicators. The front and rear turn signals are grounded at G105, G350 and G340. The sound for the turn signal indicators is produced by the IPC.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4217/581D36FDC3A84C54BD8D0ADFA671AB1C.gif[/IMG]
I have the same problem on my newly purchased A4. The hazards will work but if I try to put the blinkers on left or right they wont go on! Every few rides though they actually do work for a second.