PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks to all the forum members!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Default RE: Thanks to all the forum members!

ORIGINAL: Mountain Trooper

Just remember the FIRST ROCK CHIP in the windshield is the toughest and ITS COMING ! Especially if you have lots of debris on the Houston highways.

Welcome to the family !
Thank you Mountain Trooper! I AM dreading that day...but I know it's coming. That big flat piece of glass is just begging to eat a rock. I keep telling myself it's just a truck, but we both know it isn't.

I'll start budgeting for a replacement windshield immediately.

Luke

Old 11-25-2007, 10:15 PM

You are very welcome! Congrats on the new purchase! I bought my H3 one year ago yesterday (11/24/2006) and I still can't wait to drive it every morning. I'm really involved in wheeling with my H3 and that has led to some really great camping trips and I've met lots of other people that are just as enthusiastic about their Hummers and wheelin.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:41 PM

Congrats on your one year anniversary KS Trekker! Glad to hear that the fun doesn't wear off. It really has been a heck of a lot of fun driving it over the past two days. Question for you, has your H3 stayed tight or have things gotten looser over time? I just love the way it feels right now. Everything from the steering to the suspension is just the right level of "firm."

This vehicle just begs to get out in the woods for some camping adventures. It's been a long time since I have done it but maybe it's time to dust off the gear and spend some nights on the ground.

Luke

Old 11-25-2007, 10:56 PM

ORIGINAL: H34me

Congrats on your one year anniversary KS Trekker! Glad to hear that the fun doesn't wear off. It really has been a heck of a lot of fun driving it over the past two days. Question for you, has your H3 stayed tight or have things gotten looser over time? I just love the way it feels right now. Everything from the steering to the suspension is just the right level of "firm."

This vehicle just begs to get out in the woods for some camping adventures. It's been a long time since I have done it but maybe it's time to dust off the gear and spend some nights on the ground.

Luke
I would have to say that the steering and suspension has stayed the same, except where I've made modifications, like the Cognito front shocks. Those are awesome! My coworkers rode with me to lunch the other day and I ended up jumping a curb to keep from having to do a 3 point turn. My passengers all braced for impact, but they were amazed that they were not slammed around in the cab.
I predict that the H3 will overtake the Jeep Wranger and Cherokee as the vehicle of choice for outdoor adventurers. Not only can the H3 get you into the wilderness, but you can get there with a lot of stuff and your passengers are comfortable. I used to own a Wranger and sometimes I miss being able to go topless and take off the doors on a sunny day. However, when the weather is less than favorable and you are tired oftrying to hear the radio overthe soft top flapping at 70 MPH, it's not so nice. Good luck on the new Hummer and be sure to post up some pics!

Phillip

Old 11-25-2007, 11:14 PM

Enjoy it man. You won't regret it. I love mine!!!

Old 11-25-2007, 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: KS Trekker

I would have to say that the steering and suspension has stayed the same, except where I've made modifications, like the Cognito front shocks. Those are awesome! My coworkers rode with me to lunch the other day and I ended up jumping a curb to keep from having to do a 3 point turn. My passengers all braced for impact, but they were amazed that they were not slammed around in the cab.
I predict that the H3 will overtake the Jeep Wranger and Cherokee as the vehicle of choice for outdoor adventurers. Not only can the H3 get you into the wilderness, but you can get there with a lot of stuff and your passengers are comfortable. I used to own a Wranger and sometimes I miss being able to go topless and take off the doors on a sunny day. However, when the weather is less than favorable and you are tired oftrying to hear the radio overthe soft top flapping at 70 MPH, it's not so nice. Good luck on the new Hummer and be sure to post up some pics!

Phillip
Thank for that feedback Phillip. Glad to hear that things stay the same. Cognito front shocks...man do I have a lot to learn.

Great story about the curb! I'm going to have to try that tomorrow. Hehe.

I will post some picks as soon as I can grab a new digital. Sounds like I'll need some original pics 'cause I am sure I'll be tweaking it soon too!

Luke

Old 11-25-2007, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: sarge_taz_rock

Enjoy it man. You won't regret it. I love mine!!!
Thanks Sarge, much appreciated!

Luke

Old 11-26-2007, 03:29 PM

Congrats, and fix that camera!

Old 11-26-2007, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: H34me

ORIGINAL: H34 pleasure

Welcome...pics...pics...[sm=Flahssssss.gif]
Hi H34 pleasure! Thanks for the welcome.

Sorry I came so close palgarizing yout nickname. I thought I was being clever, but you were clever first. I will change it if it's too close for your liking. Just let me know.

I will definitely post some pics soon. My digital camera died last month. [:@] I did find a post that looks just like it though minus the Nerf bars. Looks just like pgaduane's...

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_89878/tm.htm

Man, I am just stealing everyones stuff tonigh aren't I?

Luke

Hey Luke...no need to worry about changing your nickname..I think its awesome...we almost were thinking a like..

Old 11-27-2007, 03:47 AM

ORIGINAL: smokinhummer

I was told by the service guy at Ron Carter that Uncle Sam's in Huntsville was a good place to go, but not with a new hummer unless you wanted to put a lot of scratches on it. He said that the trails are full of trees to scratch up a brand new paint job. I myself would like to find a place with open areas with good trails. What else is around here? Are any of you members of TGCHOG?
Sounds like a beach run... Hwy 87 from Sabine Pass to High Island. I'd be game sometime this spring. Even better would be a North Padre Island run.

I guess I'm the brother that got addopted out.... My 3 was a dealer transfer from Ron Carter.

Quick Reply: Thanks to all the forum members!