PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

tested PCM4less against JET

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Default tested PCM4less against JET

ran both on a controlled test. 10 mile 3% constant grade at 4500 feet. started at same point and outside temps were same and the jet held 4 th gear at 67mph and PCM 4 less would not hold 4th. PCM is coming back out and either they need to alter their settings or restore stock settings and Jet goes back in. The Jet has a smooth pull from low rpm and PCM4 less has a spot where it stop pulling then picks back up. non biased controlled test. I sure didnt want to ship it back to NC however not happy with their claims at all. yes its better than stock but its nowhere near perfect . lack of dyno tuning is all I can suggest or too conservative calibration.

Last edited by byeatts; 11-03-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:47 PM

I could not find JET for a 2007 Hummer H3......any suggestions

Old 11-04-2013, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by byeatts
lack of dyno tuning is all I can suggest or too conservative calibration.
Or the person who filled out the online form and ordered the tune didn't chose the proper tune for their particular driving style and terrain or even contact the company and speak to one of their techs to know what to choose.

The Jet "chip" isn't really a PCM tune. It just fools the PCM with false #s.

Oh, that's right your the guy with the Throttle Body Spacer that swears it works also.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Or the person who filled out the online form and ordered the tune didn't chose the proper tune for their particular driving style and terrain or even contact the company and speak to one of their techs to know what to choose.

The Jet "chip" isn't really a PCM tune. It just fools the PCM with false #s.

Oh, that's right your the guy with the Throttle Body Spacer that swears it works also.
I do not have a spacer and never have and PCM 4 less filled out the application for me as I was on a job site. l.. I tested the two side by side . something i bet You "the Know all "has not done and the jet is much smoother and stronger , I discussed with PCM 4 less Techs many times now and although their customer service is very good she going back.Some of you people buy a product and then swear its the best, As an engineer you cant possible know what you talking about and should not speak till a controlled test is completed that truly challenges all the options. There seems to be a lot of backyard so called tuners here. So Tainter take your arrogance and sarcasm and shove it.

Last edited by byeatts; 11-04-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:53 PM

I would think that a lot more testing under different conditions would be needed to pick the best tune. What's best for drivers at sea level with ambient temps that range from -10 to 100 like in NJ, for example?

Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by byeatts
I do not have a spacer and never have and PCM 4 less filled out the application for me as I was on a job site. l.. I tested the two side by side . something i bet You "the Know all "has not done and the jet is much smoother and stronger , I discussed with PCM 4 less Techs many times now and although their customer service is very good she going back.Some of you people buy a product and then swear its the best, As an engineer you cant possible know what you talking about and should not speak till a controlled test is completed that truly challenges all the options. There seems to be a lot of backyard so called tuners here. So Tainter take your arrogance and sarcasm and shove it.
I understand what your saying, before my PCM tune I was getting 15 MPG on the street with a stage 2 JETS chip. I had the PCM tune with the E-fan kit and was hoping to see 16 MPG but I drop to 14 MPG. PCM4less is getting chuck and I'm meeting a custom tuner that will plug into my OBD2 as I drive and give me a custom tune on the spot and hoping for 16 MPG on the street. The trans feels better and I sit at 2500 RPM's going 75 MPH.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by NJTEX
I would think that a lot more testing under different conditions would be needed to pick the best tune. What's best for drivers at sea level with ambient temps that range from -10 to 100 like in NJ, for example?
Agreed, with all my exhaust changes the back pressure is much less and likely requires a different calibration. Very few will be the same, Its just best guess to fit most applications when using mapping to fit all users,,

Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Luckily, I am 80 miles from PCMofNC. I had my H3 tuned on site and the tech drove my H3 and re-flashed updated settings based on how the H3 was driving. My tune is optimized for how my H3 drives. Has dramatic pull from 3500rpms and up compared to stock. When I first drove it home from the shop, I could not believe the throttle response and top end pulling power.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by telemike
Luckily, I am 80 miles from PCMofNC. I had my H3 tuned on site and the tech drove my H3 and re-flashed updated settings based on how the H3 was driving. My tune is optimized for how my H3 drives. Has dramatic pull from 3500rpms and up compared to stock. When I first drove it home from the shop, I could not believe the throttle response and top end pulling power.
what mods are you running?. I wonder if they can check your settings against the program they gave me?even perhaps mimic your program.do you have order number to look into your settings? thanks

Old 11-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Are you making the assumption that because your AT did not stay in full lock up (faux overdrive) that equates with the PCM tune making less additional power than the Jet module, because with the Jet module did stay locked up?

You know what assumptions are worth.

There is a reason for that, and it has nothing to do with performance output.

Quick Reply: tested PCM4less against JET