PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall guys in the H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:07 PM

Well at 6'-6" I have to say I find myself looking out the back side window- but thats on any truck or car. I agree the backup cam is a great toy that I never use thats why I have mirrors. Now when the GF drives she use the cam- she has a hard time seeing over the spare and hasn't learned how to use mirrors for some reason. I do have to say I love the leg room in my 3.Haven't had to put my seat extender brackets on either. People sitting behind is a different story for leg room. lol.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:20 AM

Ya I'm amazed with how big the H3 feels inside compared to the H2. I'm going to drive it again later this week and see if I can take it overnight to see if it will fit my needs.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by RBLACKH3
Well at 6'-6" I have to say I find myself looking out the back side window- but thats on any truck or car. I agree the backup cam is a great toy that I never use thats why I have mirrors. Now when the GF drives she use the cam- she has a hard time seeing over the spare and hasn't learned how to use mirrors for some reason. I do have to say I love the leg room in my 3.Haven't had to put my seat extender brackets on either. People sitting behind is a different story for leg room. lol.
I thought this was funny haha the H3 is the first rig I've been in that I didn't have to scoot the seat ALLLLL the way back!

Old 04-11-2012, 11:02 AM

Out of curiosity how do you fellas see everything behind you with mirrors? Say for example a 3 1/2' tall kid standing directly behind it?

I really just want to hear stories about how exceptional vision or driving techniques overcomes physics and allows one to see around a corner or though a door.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Default Backup Alarm

If you're worried about people standing behind you when you're backing up, get this: Wolo Backup Alarm
Personally, I just backup slowly and keep my eyes and ears open.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:45 AM

"Go til you hear glass break"

"keep goin til it sounds expensive"

Personally I love the backup camera. I had one on my 06 silverado and I towed a trailer every day. Made hooking up a fast and easy one man job. Plus it is much safer. I wouldn't use it solely to back up, but just to verify your clear and to line up to a trailer. I was actually thinking about putting one on the front grill too..

Old 04-12-2012, 02:45 PM

Hey Hummerup- its all the way back. I just haven't had to add my slider plates so that the seat goes back an extra 3"-4". Only other car I have owned is a Honda CRX or the Acura Intgrea. I know sounds stupid but that CRX had the most leg room of any car or truck I have ever owned.

Widespread as for the the 3-1/2' tall person behind the truck when backing up I look at what is going on around me before I get in the truck to start. I have always had to us mirrors to back up either because of pulling a trailer or tailgates being super high. It has nothing more to do then that was the way I was taught-my dad was a truck driver training instructor and head of damage prevention for a large auto hauling company before he retired. Its no different then when I have to drive my F250 Super Duty that I cant see crap out of that stupid truck.Between the Ladder rack and the tall tailgate. Thank goodness thats the work truck. I really hate that truck(wish it was a GM) but its great for my business use and needs- that and I got a great deal on it .

Old 04-14-2012, 07:19 PM

Hey, you have a 6ft 5in Hummer H3 owner here. No problems once you get used to driving it. Sure, the windows are a little small but no problem.