PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

TACTICAL BADGE. CAN U BUY EM?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Default RE: TACTICAL BADGE. CAN U BUY EM?

Wouldnt that be more like adding F430 Badges to your F355. They are both Hummers.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:39 AM

I have mixed feeling on this, if your sticker doesn't say TACTICAL then I guess IMO that you shouldn't put the badge on it. But then again, if you have everything that the TACTICAL does what's the difference? Besides the fact that you aren't part of the 1200 (figure may be off, I found that on google) that came off the line that way. But then again, I took my OEM emblems off and replaced them red ones. So, am I still a TACTICAL EDITION? My sticker says I am.

Mine came with it and my sticker says it, so it's all semantics to me. Just my opinion.

Do what ever makes you happy with your truck. When I was a kid going to car shows and cruise in's guys put stuff on their cars all the time that wasn't original. Didn't take away from how nice the car was.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

I have mixed feeling on this, if your sticker doesn't say TACTICAL then I guess IMO that you shouldn't put the badge on it. But then again, if you have everything that the TACTICAL does what's the difference? Besides the fact that you aren't part of the 1200 (figure may be off, I found that on google) that came off the line that way. But then again, I took my OEM emblems off and replaced them red ones. So, am I still a TACTICAL EDITION? My sticker says I am.

Mine came with it and my sticker says it, so it's all semantics to me. Just my opinion.

Do what ever makes you happy with your truck. When I was a kid going to car shows and cruise in's guys put stuff on their cars all the time that wasn't original. Didn't take away from how nice the car was.

You got yours from Hummer of Columbus so that's a true Tactical Edition.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:15 AM

I was looking for a Hybrid emblem

Old 05-25-2008, 08:24 AM

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in on this string. I can't believe there is a 3 page string on "where can I get an emblem?"

Old 05-25-2008, 08:36 AM

I agree H3Dude812. If your Hummer did not come with the badge you should not be able to buy one to make it look like you spent your money. I thought all the pretenders were buying FJ Cruisers anyway. Now if you are buying something that Hummer never sold. Power to you.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

People are always making replicas of low production models in all makes. As long as they aren't trying to sell it as original it isn't an issue. PM gmpartsdude and see what he says.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:08 AM

Think that's kind of what I was trying to say 3hummers

Old 05-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Backfires sometimes. I know a guy who cut the rear window divide bar out of his 63 Corvette Coupe so it would look like the 64s. He thought newer was better. Since the 63s are the only year that had them they are more valuable. Sometimes people can outsmart themselves.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:05 PM

I'm with Rhill. To each his own. Do as you please. If somebody wanted a tactical but couldn't get one, why shouldn't he be allowed to make one on his own if it makes him happy. People shouldn't be looked down for trying to make things to their liking. I personally took off ALL my emblems the day I got it. I mean all, including the Alpha and the small GM ones. If any one lives in Orange County, California and wants any of them, they can have them. No charges. Just PM me.

Quick Reply: TACTICAL BADGE. CAN U BUY EM?