PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension question-Your input will be appreciate

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Default Suspension question-Your input will be appreciate

Greetings All: I am a soon to be new owner (not soon enough!) of a 2007 H3. As it turns out, the vehicle I am going to receive has to be built, so I am about 6-8 weeks away from getting my new truck (I'll post pictures in the newowner section once I bring it home). I was hoping that I could ask for some input relative to the vehicle suspension as I still have a window of opportunity to change the design if need be. My order includes the luxury package as the vehicle will be used moreso for local and highway driving, butI do want to do some off roading. I know that the Hummer is built for off roading even though I don't have the Adventure package suspension, however I was hoping thatyou might be able to give me some tips as to the limits I should push my Hummer. At what point should I consider, if at all, changing the suspension to match the Adventure package? Also,what are your thoughts on the upgraded underbody protection? Yeah or nay?

Thanks in advance for your advice/input!

Old 04-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Default RE: Suspension question-Your input will be appreciate

if i can recall i think IK said its the same suspension on both just has different/better shocks and 33in
tires on the adv.

i could be wrong tho ..it wouldnt be the first time
im sure IK will check in here soon

Old 04-24-2007, 04:52 PM

Thanks Kild1. Looking at the Hummer web site, the Off-Road Suspension package includes fully locking electronic rear wheel differential, 4.03:1 2-speed transfer case, and the larger on road/off road tires versus the torsion bar/spring, shocks and stabilizer bar listed for the base or luxury packages. Knowing that the Adventure Package was put together for the heavy duty off roader, I wasn't sure where I might need to back off with the standard suspension and smaller tire. I do know that my angle of approach will be smaller, so climbing over obstacles would be affected as compared to using the larger tires. Just not sure where else I might need to back off or by how much.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:07 PM

ur welcome
yes the adv. does have a lower geared transfer case and a rear locker
but both have the t-bars/springsuspension

Old 04-26-2007, 11:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Trayderjoe

Greetings All: I am a soon to be new owner (not soon enough!) of a 2007 H3. As it turns out, the vehicle I am going to receive has to be built, so I am about 6-8 weeks away from getting my new truck (I'll post pictures in the newowner section once I bring it home). I was hoping that I could ask for some input relative to the vehicle suspension as I still have a window of opportunity to change the design if need be. My order includes the luxury package as the vehicle will be used moreso for local and highway driving, butI do want to do some off roading. I know that the Hummer is built for off roading even though I don't have the Adventure package suspension, however I was hoping thatyou might be able to give me some tips as to the limits I should push my Hummer. At what point should I consider, if at all, changing the suspension to match the Adventure package? Also,what are your thoughts on the upgraded underbody protection? Yeah or nay?

Thanks in advance for your advice/input!
Hey bro I don't have the 'adventure' package either and I wheel the hell out of my H3. I'm all open in the rear no lockers and have gone places where most other vehicles won't even attempt.

I would say if you're looking to do light off-roading then you should be fine with your setup now. But once you start rockin' the extreme terrain you would have to lookat getting a more aggressive tire for wheel traction, the right size for wheel articulation andground clearance, and definitely locking up your rear. As for upgraded underbody protection? Anything that protects your under carriage is a "YEAH!"

BE CAREFUL of your CV Shaft and tie rod - those things will bound to snap one of these days!!!

www.4x4boyz.com - Ridin' Dirty in Paradise!

Old 04-27-2007, 04:45 PM

Thanks for the feedback Inked. Nothing like hearing the voices of experience!