PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Question. H3 or Alpha H3. Need your input.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Default H3 Question. H3 or Alpha H3. Need your input.

OK, as some of you know, my 2006 H3 gave its life for my family before Christmas and as soon as it happened, tried to locate a new H3, etc. well now the well is fill and I have the option of getting an H3 with the 3.7 or an Alpha.

Our 2006 had a supercharger on it with a dual magnaflow exhaust system, so I don't know if that 3.5 was anemic or not, and wondering what opinions I can get from both those who own a 3.7 and those who have a V8.

The H3 is basically a family car, we don't off road or tow anything.

The price difference isn't the real issue as the offer so far is about $4K apart.

Really appreciate hearing from you and thanks in advance.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:39 AM

I own an '08 Alpha, so out of curiosity I took a test drive, at the dealership, in an I5. Go with the Alpha, you'll be glad you did.

'08 Birch White Alpha

Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 AM

The Alpha is nice, but if you truly do nothing but use it in town with no off-roading or towing, then the I-5 is fine. The Alpha has a bit more giddyup(not as much as you'd expect from a V8) and sounds better, but isn't a necessity imo.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 PM

the Alpha's acceleration is handy for freeway use, I thought I was going to die trying to merge into fast traffic when I had my 06

Old 02-03-2010, 04:22 PM

I'm seeing 0-60 times for the 3.7 at 11 secs and 8.8 sec for the V8.

The alpha has the navigation system, which I'm not interested in, anyone have it and have any thoughts there?

Back to engine size, gas mileage ain't pretty in either, but alpha owners, regular or is it premium that is required.

Our 06 had to have premium for the supercharger, that killed summer of 08. Fill up was $130.00.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by H32006
but alpha owners, regular or is it premium that is required.
regular

Old 02-04-2010, 11:48 AM

sheesh..... I guess asking the same questions over and over is something I have to get used to on forums. Use search, google, visit other forums. This topic has pretty much been covered more than once.

sorry if I sound like a dick, but every time I login I see the same questions asked over and over.....all you need to do is search

Old 02-04-2010, 04:34 PM

^the search engine is terrible (like most forums)...also sometimes a topic hasn't had a comment in a year, and perhaps there is new information, or new people to provide an opinion. I see this all the time on forums as well, including people like yourself who for some reason just can't read what they want.....

Old 02-04-2010, 04:56 PM

comment in a year?? there are 4 questions that I have seen over and over that have all been covered at least twice in the last month or even week on all forums...

air intake
I5 vs V8
leveling
33's vs 35's

come on man, that info is all over the damn place. I guess I am getting old/bitter but it seems people these days are either to lazy or they need their hands held every step of the way.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Look, I've started all of maybe 2 threads. Looking to engage in conversation with someone who might be able to tell me something beyond the specs all over the place.

I saw on there dealers telling others they can get 20 mpg with an alpha, etc. Others 24 mpg.

Hey, here is a question, better to get the I5 and supercharge like I had on my 06 or go to the V8. Think I can find that in the search of this board?

Originally Posted by largemouthbass
comment in a year?? there are 4 questions that I have seen over and over that have all been covered at least twice in the last month or even week on all forums...

air intake
I5 vs V8
leveling
33's vs 35's

come on man, that info is all over the damn place. I guess I am getting old/bitter but it seems people these days are either to lazy or they need their hands held every step of the way.

Quick Reply: H3 Question. H3 or Alpha H3. Need your input.