PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sub install for an H2 DIY

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Default Sub install for an H2 DIY

hey everyone im new to this forum and had a question about a DIY sub install for a 2005 hummer h2. i was wondering how to can install a basic kicker L7/ amp in my hummer in the most SIMPLE way possible, meaning i do NOT want to take apart my dash to reach the av input. in other words. what is the simples way to instal a sub set up in a hummer h2 (DIY please) ????

theres probably some threads already on this forum that can help me out and if there is id really appreciate it if the URL to that thread can just be posted here

thanks a lot everyone

Old 07-20-2009, 02:22 PM

if u have all the wirings u need and u have floor mats .. things will be fairly easy

u can hide the wires under the floor mats

as for the wiring . make sure u separate the wires from the battary and the ones from the headunit .. place each one in a different side of the car ( driver side for the battary coz its closer and the passenger side for the ones fron the headunit)

Old 07-21-2009, 12:51 AM

will i have to remove the entire dash to get the rca cables to the head unit OR...if there another way to get the signal to the amp. maybe PAC sni35/ line output converter

ANYONE PLEASE POST DIY FO SUB INSTALL IN H2..I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT

Old 07-21-2009, 10:58 PM

im not an expert in H2s but i think u have to take ur headunit off for the wiring

all sound system installs DIYs are very similar they all have the same layout (u just need to do some research and get the general concept of it)
the differences would probably be in the headunit removal and hiding the cables

in ur case, u just need to figure out how to pop the headunit out

Old 08-13-2009, 08:41 AM

you do not need to take off your head unit. You can buy a converter at ur local audio shop that you simply hook up to any speaker that your subs are by. The converter filters out everything except for the bass, so you do not need to remove your head unit. You get less watts to your speaker and your subwoofer because of this, but I dont really notice the difference I did mine this way.