PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Situation

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Default Strange Situation

This may sound funny, and I would laugh too after reading it, but the truth is I have a fishy situation.Somehow my son managed while we were fishing to spill my minnow bucket on the floor behind passenger seat. Now if that wasn't bad enough that my bait died... 9 small fish found there way into my floor vent under the passenger seat. I tried to vacuum the vent in the hope of retrieving them, but to my dismay... I could not extract them. Now my vehicle smells like dead fish. Can anyone tell me how to access that vent duct, so that I can remove those poor fish carcasses from my vent. The smell is terrible. Now that you all are done laughing. Please help.
Thanks
Chris

Old 05-04-2017, 04:59 PM

Ouch..... I'm not sure on an H3. On an H2 you basically have to remove the entire floor console to remove the duct.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:43 PM

You have to remove the seat, sill covers and peel back the carpet on the side you need to remove.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
You have to remove the seat, sill covers and peel back the carpet on the side you need to remove.
How hard of a job is this? Will it f#@k up my carpeting? Once carpet moved, will the duct be visible?

Old 05-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Something fishy about this.

How old is your son? I'd make him do the job, then it's real easy for you.

The sills just pry up/pull up, seat is four bolts. Carpet is not glued down. On a difficulty scale of 1-10, that job is about a 2.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Something fishy about this.

How old is your son? I'd make him do the job, then it's real easy for you.

The sills just pry up/pull up, seat is four bolts. Carpet is not glued down. On a difficulty scale of 1-10, that job is about a 2.
My son is 15, and that does sound like a good idea to have him do it, but he did enough damage getting those damn fish in there. Yes it definitely is a fishy situation. I am reminded of it every time I set foot in my vehicle. I feel like I am in the movie Grumpy Old Men.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Default 2 out of 10

Originally Posted by Chris06H3
My son is 15, and that does sound like a good idea to have him do it, but he did enough damage getting those damn fish in there. Yes it definitely is a fishy situation. I am reminded of it every time I set foot in my vehicle. I feel like I am in the movie Grumpy Old Men.
I can handle that.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

When you get the seat out you can use some carpet cleaner, followed by an air freshener. Might help with any lingering odor.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Default Fishing

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
When you get the seat out you can use some carpet cleaner, followed by an air freshener. Might help with any lingering odor.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
Good thing I got my fishing license... Cuz I'm going fishing for 9 fish. They may be small, but they definitely put up a BIG STINK. LOL.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:38 AM

Spray Ozium in the vent tube after you get the fish out.