PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stab sys,abs,trac control warning lights no code

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 11:59 AM
Default Stab sys,abs,trac control warning lights no code

Im in the middle of messing with Wifes 2006 h3, got water down right side pass pillar because of blown off drain tube last summer and car went into limp mode with all warning lights, so I dried all out and did the shift 4,4h.4l 100 times and no issues till other night went into limp for a minute and dash lights up again, no codes are thrown though, replaced transfer motor module I had bought last summer and ordered gas pedal assy not recieved yet because some had that issue.
I'm thinking maybe computer issue because of the no codes? anyone agree, or next step is replace all abs sensors, Help!!

Old 01-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Do you still have the OEM crappy Battery Terminal Connectors?

Limp mode or reduced power mode is usually related to the PCM not being able to correlate the position of the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor with the Throttle Position Sensor in the TB. If they loose that handshake = limp.

However, if you got the BCM wet from the sunroof drain, all kinds of electrical issues can be caused by that, even some that male no sense at all.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Almost forgot. Try and ask a question ONCE, not repeatedly all over the board.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:25 PM

Thanks ill erase if I can, ya new batt cable ends as well, hope gas pedal works to fix, but can't fathom that being abs related lol

Last edited by vacman; 01-25-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:52 PM

And for 150, ordering bcm

Old 01-28-2016, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by vacman
Thanks ill erase if I can, ya new batt cable ends as well, hope gas pedal works to fix, but can't fathom that being abs related lol
bad abs sensors or wheel bearing can set off all of those lights without throwing a code

Old 01-29-2016, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by skeeter
bad abs sensors or wheel bearing can set off all of those lights without throwing a code
Wow! New front hubs 10,000 miles ago so I'll keep rears in mind if computers not the fix, thanks

Old 01-30-2016, 01:37 PM

What reader are you using to check for codes? Most will not pull codes from the ABS module, air bag module, BCM etc.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:58 PM

Only thing I ever had it for was front wheel bearings roached. I assume the other threads here would help too. The search above should show you multiple threads with your in dash messages. I think since I joined I remember three or four. Maybe these will help with yours as well.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by jbwk254
What reader are you using to check for codes? Most will not pull codes from the ABS module, air bag module, BCM etc.
Thanks, I'm out of town but it was a name brand, I did not know that

Quick Reply: Stab sys,abs,trac control warning lights no code