PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Plug replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Default Spark Plug replacement?

Spark Plug Replacement?

Ok this may be a stupid question and I guarantee I can figure it out but at the moment I am laid up from knee surgery and still can't move around to well. I did a search and could not find any info.

Does anyone know how to change the plugs on an H3? Is it very accessible? Does any one have pics?

Thanks for any info.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Default RE: Spark Plug replacement?

ORIGINAL: DOC4H

Spark Plug Replacement?

Ok this may be a stupid question and I guarantee I can figure it out but at the moment I am laid up from knee surgery and still can't move around to well. I did a search and could not find any info.

Does anyone know how to change the plugs on an H3? Is it very accessible? Does any one have pics?

Thanks for any info.
Doc,
I don't have the answer to your question but I did want to wish you well and I hope you're up and around soon.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:16 PM

On top the head you will see the five ignition packs and connector leads..you remove the (I think two) screws holding it down and the spark plug is directly underneath it..you will have to tug on it a bit as it is secured by a compression fitting boot to the top of the sparkplug

Old 06-21-2007, 03:46 PM

Hey Vader thanks I can't wait to be back on two legs again.

And Dennis now that yousaid it I remember seeing them when i changed out my intake. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:42 PM

CORRECTION:

I see now that they haveone 10MM bolt holding them into place...The 07's are a little different, so I can't speak to them..

Name:  MVC-001F-7.jpg
Views: 1569
Size:  72.4 KB

Do be careful with the bum knee..I think the H3 is the hardest truck to reach stuff under the hood...I'm 6'3 and I still have to stand on my tippy-toes

Old 06-22-2007, 04:40 AM

I'm only 6' tall! You need to come to Ohio Dennis when I'm ready to change my plugs.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:34 AM

ha ha that’s funny I'm 6'4" but I have long arms so, sofar anything I have done has just been a bit of a streeeeetch...

Thanks for the pic Dennis looks just like I remembered, but with better detail.Man imagine if we were under six foot. That would suck.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: DOC4H

ha ha that’s funny I'm 6'4" but I have long arms so, sofar anything I have done has just been a bit of a streeeeetch...

Thanks for the pic Dennis looks just like I remembered, but with better detail.Man imagine if we were under six foot. That would suck.
You should see me tryin to get to anything under the hood of my H2. I'm only 4'11 - I have to break out the ladder..hahahhaha

Old 12-07-2008, 10:31 AM

Ok guys and gals. I am changing the plugs for the first time, and just to make sure. I pulled off the intake and it looks as if the plugs are underneath. Just one question. Is that the injectors I see just to the right on the side of the manifold?

Old 12-07-2008, 11:20 AM

That may have been the easiest plug replacement I have ever done, but I did have to reach to get to the back plug (and I am 6'6").

Quick Reply: Spark Plug replacement?