PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spare Cover Part Number Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Default Spare Cover Part Number Question

Can anyone provide me with an assist to track down a Hummer Part Number for the Hard Shell Spare Tire Cover that came standard on H3x models? I have searched online and found what I am looking for on a couple of different GM Part sites but when I check availability they don't know what I am talking about.

I am attaching a couple of pictures of what I am looking for so that someone will hopefully be able to provide a number for me.

I am actually looking for the Chrome (Plastic) Insert that attaches to the hard shell cover. I messed up my insert and need a replacement. I understand it won't be cheap. Please note that I am not interested in the GM Xtreme Hard Shell Accessory that was an add on. I am only interested in the factory OEM H3x part numbers.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

The insert I am interested in:

Old 08-18-2012, 08:43 AM

Just google it.. There are many places that you can pick these up at....

Old 08-18-2012, 04:23 PM

I doubt you are going to find just the chrome piece if that is what you are looking for. I'm trying to make a deal on an H3 that has this cover on it, but I don't want the cover. If I get it, I'll sell it to you (and just pull the chrome part off for you if shipping it too high).

Old 08-20-2012, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by HumbleAg
I doubt you are going to find just the chrome piece if that is what you are looking for. I'm trying to make a deal on an H3 that has this cover on it, but I don't want the cover. If I get it, I'll sell it to you (and just pull the chrome part off for you if shipping it too high).
I actually tracked down a GM Parts dealer that says they will be able to get the chrome piece for me but that it will be a special order item and will take an additional 4 - 5 days before it would be ready for them to ship it to me.

I plan on calling them a bit later today but I am keeping all options open and would be interested in hearing from you if you do make your purchase. Please do keep in touch if you buy your H3.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:01 AM

I was able to track down a brand new chrome piece for my hard spare tire cover and it will be delivered within the next week or so.

I won't believe that they have one until it arrives at my front door but we shall see.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by stevek813
I was able to track down a brand new chrome piece for my hard spare tire cover and it will be delivered within the next week or so.

I won't believe that they have one until it arrives at my front door but we shall see.

I made the deal on the H3X, so if you don't get the part let me know and we can probably work something out. Hopefully you will get it and I'll put the cover up for sale, along with the chrome brush guard I'm not a fan of. I should have the truck by the end of this week, it is being brought in from out of state.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:12 PM

I made the deal on the H3X, so if you don't get the part let me know and we can probably work something out. Hopefully you will get it and I'll put the cover up for sale, along with the chrome brush guard I'm not a fan of. I should have the truck by the end of this week, it is being brought in from out of state.
The part was delivered on Friday. Brand new. I was suprised GM still had them.

Where are you located? What color is your new Hummer? If you are removing stock parts I might be interested in them.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:54 AM

Glad to hear you got your part!

I'm in Houston. My new truck is Sonoma Red. I haven't gotten it yet, so not real sure what exact shape things are in (only 14k miles so should be good). I'll decide when I get it what I'm going to sell, at this point it'll probably only be the spare tire cover and brushguard, both not very practical to ship anywhere I'm guessing.

Dumb question for you (and other H3X owners), is there a chrome wheel under the spare tire cover? I sure hope so, as I don't want to keep the cover on it.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:13 AM

Glad to hear you got your part!

I'm in Houston. My new truck is Sonoma Red. I haven't gotten it yet, so not real sure what exact shape things are in (only 14k miles so should be good). I'll decide when I get it what I'm going to sell, at this point it'll probably only be the spare tire cover and brushguard, both not very practical to ship anywhere I'm guessing.

Dumb question for you (and other H3X owners), is there a chrome wheel under the spare tire cover? I sure hope so, as I don't want to keep the cover on it.

Yes there is a matching chrome wheel inside the hard spare cover that matches the wheels on the H3x.

Congratulations on the purchase of your Hummer. With only 14k miles on it, you shouldn't have any problems with it.

My H3x Alpha had only 24k miles on it when I bought it about a year and a half years ago and with the exception of a few tiny nicks in the paint, it looks like it just rolled off of the show room floor.

Good luck and thank you again for reaching out to me with the offer of the chrome part I needed.