PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Someone else's homemade intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Default RE: Someone else's homemade intake

ORIGINAL: rhill20

ORIGINAL: jackk frost
ORIGINAL: ChevyHighPerformance
You're right; it's not a Doc. It's about $125 cheaper.
yea it prolly did cost allot less but you get what you paid for!
Was coming back in here to say that too. I really hope this was meant to share some info and not bash a fellow forum members product.

It does sound like a cool temp mod to do until you can buy a real one, but the better quality will withstand time better IMO. If we were all worried about a $125 dollars difference I don't think we would have bought a Hummer. Not that we are all rolling in dough, but we all seem content to spend a little more to get better quality.
I really hope that "Bet it gets hot" wasn't directed toward me, Mr. Moderator.

There have been other people here that have posted their homemade intakes. The link is what it is. Someone else designed their own intake bypass tube at a low cost. This is an option if someone wishes to choose this route. Is it the goal of HummerForums to oppress other intake concepts and steer people toward Doc's intake?

Old 04-20-2008, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL ChevyHighPerfmance
It was a joke, mainly because I though that it was odd that the one person that was confronting Doc about his intake was the one to post this. I personally think the whole thing is silly. Who cares, if you disagree then talk about it. Don't argue about it and degrade someone else's efforts. That's all. That's the way it was taken in the other thread. I apologize if I came across as a smarta$$, but that is normally what I am, a smarta$$. I just tone it down on here.

I don't know nor claim to know as much as you do about the inner workings of a motor, if I did I would be making my own stuff and not buying everyone else's creations. Just thought the whole situation was out of control and thought that's what you were doing with this. I haven't seen you post anything since then and then you post this. That's all.

If it was meant to be honest good info, then I apologize.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

ORIGINAL ChevyHighPerfmance
It was a joke, mainly because I though that it was odd that the one person that was confronting Doc about his intake was the one to post this. I personally think the whole thing is silly. Who cares, if you disagree then talk about it. Don't argue about it and degrade someone else's efforts. That's all. That's the way it was taken in the other thread. I apologize if I came across as a smarta$$, but that is normally what I am, a smarta$$. I just tone it down on here.

I don't know nor claim to know as much as you do about the inner workings of a motor, if I did I would be making my own stuff and not buying everyone else's creations. Just thought the whole situation was out of control and thought that's what you were doing with this. I haven't seen you post anything since then and then you post this. That's all.

If it was meant to be honest good info, then I apologize.
OK, I think we're clear. This was not an attack on Doc's intake. In fact, this tube is smaller in diameter and has less "reserve air" than Doc's intake which negatively impacts transient air flow, but it is a low cost DIY alternative.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:12 PM

Good, and you are right, it is a good low cost DIY alternative.

Nothing against low cost, that's why I just cut the rear can off of my exhaust instead of putting a whole exhaust system on it. Believe me, I would love to put a Gibson/Magnaflow on it, but it just wasn't in the budget and that worked.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:19 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: ChevyHighPerformance

OK, I think we're clear. This was not an attack on Doc's intake. In fact, this tube is smaller in diameter and has less "reserve air" than Doc's intake which negatively impacts transient air flow, but it is a low cost DIY alternative.
"You're right; it's not a Doc. It's about $125cheaper."

This most certainly was another stab at doc's intakes.
Also yes people here probably will steer other to doc's intakes because
1. he is a PAYING BOARD SPONSOR
2. he makes a really great product
3. many people here whom have already bought his product rave about it
4 .READ NUMBER 1 AGAIN
5. READ NUMBER 2 AGAIN

What ever that thing is yu posted is a generic piece of crap and I wouldn't put it on my truck if YOU or who ever made it paid me too. I also find it very ironic that you post this piece of crap here and then get all pissy because people basically laugh at it and call it a piece of junk after the tyraid you went through bashing doc's intake.

BOARD MOD will you please ban this troll I don't even think he own's a Hummer any way!

Old 04-20-2008, 05:25 PM

Alright Jack, calm down. I think it's all settled right now, let's not go stirring sh*t up again.
I'm sure that Doc appreciates your defense of him, but I think that we should let stuff alone right now and see where things go.

Chevy, please refrain from responding to this.

Thank you

Old 04-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

I kind of agree with Jack.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: ChevyHighPerformance

This isn't mine. This was a DIY from a colorado forum.

http://www.coloradofans.com/forums/v...99cf19e380c6ed

I think the whole intake cost (without the air filter) was under $25.
Thanks for posting. I've been looking to do something similar.

Form the looks of the conversation, this thread may have had some posts deleted, so forgive me if it was discussed, but could someone please explain to me what would make this setup so inferior to the other aftermarket intakes available.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:17 AM

I don't see the problem here? We have ALWAYS posted info about ways to do a quick cheap DIY project here....ALWAYS!!! There are tons of threads about DIY exhaust, intakes, lighting, lifts...so why the problem here? Rhill...you are correct in the way you handled this.

Jack..you need to chill out. Doc is a mod and also a paying vendor...bu that does NOT mean that all intake discussion has to be about his product...or even has to be pro-doc. In his forum...yes...but in the general forums, members can say anthing they want about any intake setup they want.
That is all.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Steve #1

Form the looks of the conversation, this thread may have had some posts deleted,
False.... nothing in this thread has been deleted... and without looking again I don't even think a single post was edited either...

Carry on ladies....

Quick Reply: Someone else's homemade intake