PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some unique issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 03:43 AM
Cool reposted thread in correct forum (troubleshooting). Apologies.

Greetings Hummer aficionado's. Having recently jumped in the world of Hummers with a purchase of a H2 in Dubai, I have encountered some pretty unique problems (meaning I cant seem to find anything on previous threads). Last night I locked the keys in the car. I had started the engine to get the interior cool for the kiddies after eating dinner (Dubai is in peak summer). I shut the door to allow the A/C to do its thing and less than a minute later, found all the doors had 'auto locked'. Needless to say, the car idled for an hour whilst i caught a taxi home, got the 2nd set of keys and returned to unlock the car. I cant find anything in the manual about auto locking with the engine running. Any help appreciated.
2nd problem. I click lock on the keyless remote 3 times and the car try's to start. It doesnt stay running, merely turns over, starts and turns off. It then keeps trying to start every 10 seconds until you press unlock, get in and turn the ignition key to run then off again. Any idea why it wont autostart? i cant find this in the handbook, is this an aftermarket mod gone wrong?
Unfortunately, like a lot of Dubai, the guy I bought it off has returned to Europe so I cant ask directly. Appreciate the help team.

Last edited by bluedoggy; 08-23-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: incorrect forum
Old 08-24-2009, 01:07 AM

Sounds like an AFTERMARKET Alarm....Do you know if you have one??

I know my COMPUSTAR has what is called AUTO MODE. I had this set ACCIDENTALLY and the same thing happened to me. I started my Rig(WINTER) and QUICKLY ran inside my house for a minute. Came out and it was LOCKED

Auto Mode
Auto Mode is only available in certain markets and is not available in the U.S. When the system is in
Auto Mode, the system will detect the remote as you walk up to your vehicle and automatically
unlock/disarm. The system will also detect the remote as you walk away from your vehicle and
automatically lock/arm. Hold down button
(I) for 2.5 seconds to activate Auto Mode. The remote will
beep once and the auto icon will illuminate.
If you would like to increase the Auto Mode range, which will cause the system to unlock/disarm and
lock/arm at a greater distance from the vehicle, simply hold down button
(I) a second time for 2.5

seconds. The Auto Mode icon will now flash to indicate you have increased the Auto sensing range.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:27 AM

Thanks HummBob, I'll give this a go and see if it works, however my car locked while the remote (attached to the key) was in the ignition and the engine was running. The car was imported to Dubai privately from the US (US spec's) and as far as I can tell, it has the standard alarm etc. Having said that, nobody seems to know anything about Auto-Start being standards so I suspect its after market. Any other help would be appreciated.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:00 AM

Congrats on the H2 purchase!
One thing I realized with my H2 is I have to be careful not to push down on the door lock when I climb out. It has happened a couple of times. If you pressed the remote once and unlocked the driver's side only and accidentally pushed down the button (manual one on top of door panel) when you got out, you locked yourself out! That button will go down easily with a brush of an elbow or hand.
Not sure about your 2nd issue. Do you have 2 keyless remotes? Does it do the same with both?

Old 08-24-2009, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by bluedoggy
Thanks HummBob, I'll give this a go and see if it works, however my car locked while the remote (attached to the key) was in the ignition and the engine was running. The car was imported to Dubai privately from the US (US spec's) and as far as I can tell, it has the standard alarm etc. Having said that, nobody seems to know anything about Auto-Start being standards so I suspect its after market. Any other help would be appreciated.
EXACT Same Thing that happened TO ME!!!

My Rig WAS RUNNING!!!!

Pretty sure the OEM Auto Start ONLY are on the 08/09's??

Does your FOB say anything on it? Can you post a PIC of the FOB???

Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Default Pic

G'day Hummbob, The attached pic is off the internet. It is the same as the key fob on my H2 except mine is the original plain black plastic finish..

Attached Thumbnails Some unique issues-key_fob.jpg  
Old 08-26-2009, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by bluedoggy
G'day Hummbob, The attached pic is off the internet. It is the same as the key fob on my H2 except mine is the original plain black plastic finish..
How do you AUTO START your Rig with that FOB??

Old 08-26-2009, 03:00 AM

Hummbob, By pressing the lock button twice, the car locks and you get a single chirp from the horn. If I press it 3 times, I get 2 chirps and the beast try's to start. Problem is, it doesn't stay running. It starts and then turns off straight away, then try's again to start after 5 seconds.....and so on...

Old 08-26-2009, 06:55 PM

Hmmmm....What Year is your Rig???

Old 08-27-2009, 03:03 AM

The beast is a 2005 model.

Quick Reply: Some unique issues