PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some concerns...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 09:25 PM
NFS
Post some concerns...

Hello guys. I appreciate everyone of you and thank everyone of you who helped me fixing my hummer issues. i love it more the more i drive it

few things i am dealing with now is one time i been driving and the anti theft light came on, and of course it locked me out after i turned off the car and couldn't start the car. i looked online and found out the relearn process for 30 mins so i did that and the hummer starts now no problem, but the light of the anti theft still flashing on the dashboard. anyway to turn the light off??

the other problem is when the hummer is warm i hear a ticking noise. when i rev high it goes away then it come back. you can hear it pretty good on idle. i checked the exhaust or heat shield for a leak or a bad screw but nothing. any ideas?? it started recently

Thanks bunch

Old 07-26-2016, 10:31 PM

If you have a second ign key use the one you normally use and turn the ignition on but don't start the truck. Shut it off then put second key in within 10 seconds and turn ignition to on position then start truck. Depending on year and build of truck some need two keys learned or it stays in learn mode.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:42 PM

what does it learn about a metal key?

Old 07-27-2016, 08:43 AM
NFS

Humtech, I don't have another key and happy three it learn the code in the past so it's
Basically override itself

Old 07-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by happythree
what does it learn about a metal key?
That H3 keys have no built in chip so there is nothing to learn.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:47 PM

Well im in Canada and depending on year of vehicle they have an immobilizer which needs to have keys learned. There is a transponder in the key. If you are having security issues and would not start I suspect you have this system. It never said what model year in your post though.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:51 PM

Oops, wrong vehicle. It uses the mechanical cut of the key to identify if its the correct key. If your key is worn out it could suspect that its not the correct cut key in the cylinder.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:52 PM
NFS

Oh sorry I have A 2007 hummer h3. I made the engine start and everything but the light keeps on flashing even if the engine is on. Do you think I might need to replace the ignition switch?

Old 07-27-2016, 01:54 PM
NFS

Oh I see, so where do I go to get another key? I look online and some people say they switched the ignition switch and problem solved since then

Old 07-27-2016, 02:35 PM
NFS

so i dont have another key, do i just get another key? or you guys recommending replacing the switch???

Quick Reply: some concerns...