PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

and so I wept...........

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Default RE: and so I wept...........

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Been doing my part one Hummer at a time.
No Kidding................

Old 06-23-2008, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

I love how every time gas prices go up, all the sudden all the car manufacturer's swear they are going to focus on making smaller, more efficient cars. Then, when gas prices go back down, all the sudden they are advertising their trucks on TV again.

I'll believe it when I see it. I have a hard time believing they will kill off a line that is their most profitable. I seriously doubt they are going to make much money off an Aveo. With the Chevy Volt estimated to cost between 30k to 40k, who the hell is going to buy one of those?

On the news last night, there was a VERY interesting report about how Hybrids actually don't save you money in the long run. It's cheaper to buy a regular car with decent mileage. We all know this here on the forum, but take some people from a advocacy group who won't hear anything other then "save the earth" and there is no common sense.

I'm glad more news reports are starting to come out about how Hybrids are not cost-efficient. If you are buying it as a second car, ok, but if you are trading your truck in for a hybrid and going to have negative equity, what's the point?

Old 06-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Lemmings always run to the next best thing as mindlessly as they have in the past. Let them go throw their money away. HG you are right, most of us have known for years that the payback on a hybrid is so far out that most people will never realize it. Guess they like they feel good of driving a hybrid.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:01 AM

Lemmings always run to the next best thing as mindlessly as they have in the past. Let them go throw their money away. HG you are right, most of us have known for years that the payback on a hybrid is so far out that most people will never realize it. Guess they like they feel good of driving a hybrid.

Couldn't agree with ya more buddy. Stupid hybrid buyers paying alot of dough for a vehicle that's more about image than capability. Its like their more interested in being noticed then making a smart vehicle choice.