PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sick of being 'fobbed off' at dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Default sick of being 'fobbed off' at dealer

Hey guys,
Don't know about you but i'm getting real p@@s'd off at our local hummer dealership.
It seems that everything you take it in for under warranty they either can't hear or they say "that's normal". It's like they are just passing the time till your warranty runs out then they can hit ya hard !
First of all I took it back with the creaking/ rattling from the back. After having it for 4 hrs they told me that I had a bag of 4 wheel lug nuts in the trunk. When they took them out amazingly the noise dissappeared. Well, I didn't even get off their parking lot and the noise was still there. Thanks to you guys, it turned out to be the body mounts needed lubricating. Since then.....NO NOISE !
Took it back more recently and mentioned that drivers and passengers seats make an annoying clunk when braking or accerlerating..They told us that it is normal for electric seats as they have to have a 'bit of give'.....Most cars I have had have had power seats and none of them have done this...
Also, every now and then for no reason car jumps into 4 high without touching anything. They loaned my wife another h3 for a few hours and when she was reversing out of a parking space that one did the same thing. When she told them about it they said," That's funny, it's never happened to anyone else"..
My wife also mentioned that she can hear what sounds like a bearing noise or something from front on turning and the guy told her in a nice sort of way that women tend to hear things ! After she told him he was being condisending and we don't relish the thought of a 100 mile round trip (as they are the nearest dealer) for nothing , he replied that he was not being condisending and if he didn't want to, he doesn't have to do the work.
I have a year left on the warranty and don't want to get fobbed off anymore....
Can I go anywhere with this that is higher up the ladder than the dealer ?
Sorry for the length of the story. I could have gone on longer with issues..
Paul

Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 PM

Yeah ring GM - Hummer, not your dealer. but i mean the actual company. or take it into a dealer out of town. its your best tries.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:25 PM

Thanks for the reply Panamera....I'll give that a try !

Old 08-23-2009, 09:55 PM

Hi....thanks for your reply to my post about the creaking noise.....I totally agree with you that they are trying to BS us until the warranty is up. That is why I will be making an appointment again tomorrow. I know they are getting pissy because I keep bringing it back but too bad...I'm not making that kind of car pmt and allow them to not honor their end of the bargain! How is your H3 at this point???

Old 08-24-2009, 06:56 PM

Thanks for reply JensH3.
Well, after doing the body mount lube myself about 6 months ago I've just started to hear a creaking comeing back. It did cure it totally for a while though !
Still waiting for a part(apparently) for the jumping into 4H for no reason. They said there is a back order.....We'll see.
Still got the clunking seats....Anyone else have this problem ??
Hope you get yours sorted...Keep us posted !

Old 10-22-2009, 08:40 PM

Call the President he bought GM...LOL...I feel for ya every dealer I have done business with says the same thing. Car dealers are crooks but we have to deal with em.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:21 PM

Yes, your right.
I called Hummer customer service and they gave me a case number and told me to take it to the local Cadillac / Pontiac dealer. I did that. They said that the noise we heard was infact a wheel bearing so they changed that. The jumping into 4 high was a short in the switch so they changed that. The clunking seats were a normal problem that couldn't be rectified(acording to the Hummer technical dept), along with the grinding noise on hard braking from the back as it comes to a complete stop. Apparently they are sending some Hummer dude down to the dealership to look at the paintwork within 4 weeks. I haven't mentioned this to you guys before but if the sun shines on it full on, one edge of the hood, top of passenger side rear door and top of drivers door you can actually see the primer through the black paint like the paint is really thin...
We'll see what happens !!

Old 10-24-2009, 02:13 AM

I acutally have both of the problems you do. I have had the rattling noise in the back since almost the begining when I got my H3 in 2005. They fixed it once but it came back soon after, they had to replace the back mold around the back window, if I push on it I can tell that its loose. I gave up on trying to fix that. I also had the knock under the seat when braking and accelerating under both seats, they fixed that at one point and scratched up the whole car while replacing the seats, needles to say it had to be re-painted. The knock has just started to come back a couple months back. I have another 2 years on warranty as I had so many problems with my H3 originally I sued GM and got money and extended warranty for an extra year (which actually i got fooled into signing, paperwork stated extended warranty for 5 years, but what they fail to mention is that this extended warranty starts on the date you purchased the car, they told me they cant tell how much warranty a car has, but i have no idea how GM can not know that when they sell a car they offer a 5 year warranty on it. Basically they offered me 5 year extended warranty during the same period as regular warranty is in place. After fighting I was able to get the extra year out of them to make it 6 years.) I am hoping to resolve a couple issues before my warranty runs out but we just have to face the facts that GM makes crap cars and these things will just return eventually. I have had used jap cars before, I have a brand new Altima and never had any such problems. I always said never buy American and I got fooled by the H3, after buying it I said I really will never buy American again..... but they had to make the camaro...... I hope I have the strength to refrain from buying it when its time for a new car

Old 10-24-2009, 07:28 AM

"Also, every now and then for no reason car jumps into 4 high without touching anything. They loaned my wife another h3 for a few hours and when she was reversing out of a parking space that one did the same thing. When she told them about it they said," That's funny, it's never happened to anyone else"

Mine is in 4 high all the time???

Old 10-24-2009, 09:17 AM

I have the seat clunk too and i looked at it myself and it is "play" between the gears of the seat adjuster motor. Dealer told me "normal" also.

Quick Reply: sick of being 'fobbed off' at dealer