PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Should we buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Default Should we buy?

2010 Hummer Alpha 3

We are almost signing on the dotted line but we are concerned about a few important issues before actually purchasing this Hummer, probably tomorrow.

The future on warrenty? Where will it be serviced, by GM?

Availability of future parts?

We want this vechicle because it is safe and a good travel car for road trips. It is fun to drive.

What scares us is what will happen with the Hummer and it seems no one really knows.

It is an all cash deal without saying what we are offering, what would you say the out the door price should be?

We are very much thinking of changing our minds because of the unknown factors. But we love the Hummer.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:06 AM

If the sale does go thru warranty would be taken over by the new company, if it doesn't then GM would have to honor the warranty

Old 01-15-2010, 09:14 AM

Thanks. Still very wary about this purchase because of this issue.

The Chinese ownership also concerns us because of the social implications. Like owing a fur coat and walking around smoking a cigarette
especially in the state we live in.

We just love the driving the Hummer and it is sad to have these factors as a consideration.

I don't want a Lexus or Range Rover.

Sigh

Old 01-15-2010, 11:14 AM

Sounds to me like you have already talked yourself out of it.

I think it's pretty simple. If it's the truck you want then buy it. I new all the same issues when I purchased mine new in 2009 and once I drove my T I knew it was the truck I wanted and all the questions/concerns just went out the window. Your warranty will be covered and even if it's owned by a Chinese company at least yours is American made.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I just bought mine a little over one week ago and have no regrets! Don't worry about the warranty because GM or the new buyer WILL honor and take care of it (it's the law). Just go buy it and enjoy......

Old 01-15-2010, 05:49 PM

I really appreciate the comments so thank you.

I think we are just scared because of the obvious change of ownership and because we haven't bought a new car in over 14 years. We love our Mercedes but it is old and not good for long trips. His cadiallac is older and will be a trade in.

Reading the problems, though I know most post problems that is why they are here, concerns me about the shakes or the tire pressure light or the engine shutting off. Wow. Just don't want a lemon new car.

I love the Hummer Alpha ride. We rented a non alpha and drove it to Arizonia last spring and it was a comfortable drive. Very comfortable. The problem was no horsepower for the mountian areas. So we waited until the Alpha was produced.

We just got the call a few days ago from the dealership that they had a few 2010 Alphas trickling in and the color I wanted. I love the sunroof!!! Hope there isn't an issue with leaking as I read somewhere here.

I keep going back and forth. But I know like was written here once I buy it and drive home all those worries will go away.

The dealership guy is very good with keeping in touch with us. And he is fairly honest. We gave a price and certain things to add like a spare wheel cover and gas tank cover. Chrome side steps although I thought the black would be better.

Any other add ons that are worth it. Not getting upper racks. I read on one site that the plastic pins broke easily. And I do not really them this right now.

What about price? Is it okay to discuss it here? I don't want to say the price out the door until I hear what others paid or think is a fair price.

Now teetering toward buying it again!!!

Will it be reliable and no big problems to face engine or electric wise?

So what do you think a 2010 Alpha 3 should sell for out the door? I think we have a fair price.

Thanks again

Old 01-15-2010, 09:02 PM

In any car forum you will hear from people who have problems with thier vehicle. No matter who produced the vehicle, some will have problems and those are the owners who want or need to vent about it.
That very vocal minority makes it look like problems are more widespread that they actually are.

What you don't hear as much is from the much larger percent of owners who are completely satisfied with thier vehicle.
Don't be scared off by any of this. H3's are very well made vehicles overall.

Last edited by Bunger; 01-15-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:20 PM

Please take this the right way but why play childish games around the price? You are not negotiating with us!

If the price is too high we will tell you, too low you need to be concerned and if it's just right it's right. Seems a little ridiculous.

My answer to you is $20,000 as low as I can buy is a good price.

All kidding aside I just bought mine last month for $29,000 and it is a fully loaded 2007 with 16,000 miles. They also certified it so I have 4 more years on the warranty

Old 01-15-2010, 09:36 PM

Oh..... Okay..... Geez, I have never been on a car forum before so this is new to me.

$45k out the door
2010 Alpha
Fully loaded
4 miles on it when we test drove it

Sigh....

Old 01-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Exclamation

Whoa! That price is way high......you should have no problem getting 10K off MSRP on an any H3. I just paid $28,750 for a new 09 that had a MSRP of $43K........you might wanna shop around. Oh, and yes mine has the V-8 5.3L engine.

Quick Reply: Should we buy?