PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:10 AM
Default Shifting Problem

Hello all - I've been on the site for while just reading and haven't posted yet. I recently have noticed a problem or difference in the shifting on my 06 H2. It seems like it doesn't want to down shift when under a load or if it does it shifts kinda hard. I noticed this when going to my mother-in-laws house which lives in the hills and to get to her house you go up 4 inclines about 300 yds each. Upon turning onto the second incline you must slow for the corner and it seems to shift into high gear so when you get back on the gas to go up the hill it's in high gear and won't shift down into a lower gear it just seems to bogg up the hill even if you let off the gas and floor it, it won't down shift.

Anyone experience this? The only thing I've changed is the exhaust (Basanni ) and the intake (DUB). I had also changed teh MAF to the Granatelli but I changed back to the OEM MAF and it still does it.

I took it to the dealer and they say nothing is wrong...???

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 03-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Default RE: Shifting Problem

i moved this to the H2 section where it belongs

as for the shifting, the H2 has a pretty sloppy stock shift. i've tightened up the shifts with a hypertech programmer, but i haven't really experienced the problem you're talking about. i know that as you're cruising and take your foot off the gas it will shift into overdrive, and unless you mash your foot into it, it may take a second or two to down shift. have you checked the tranny fluid, is it full, or overfull?

Old 03-13-2008, 11:58 AM

Thanks for moving this to the correct forum. I wasn't sure which one it qualified for... As for the tranny fluid, I just had it serviced and it still does it? Thanks.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:04 PM

where did you have it serviced? still might be a good idea to check it, pretty easy to give yourself peace of mind. is it just downshifting that seems to be an issue, or is it all shifting?