PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

See ya XM..Hello Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Default See ya XM..Hello Sirius

I changed out my XM for Sirius this morning. It's sure nice to haveSirius again.

XM is........Well, .......not to my liking.....Yea that's it.

It went very easy. I was trying to find a way to release the connector from the XM reciever with my fingers, and then I saw this hole in the panel just below the connector when you drop the glove box past it's stop.

I'm sure that's what it's there for. I just stuck a pick in there and popped the blue safety on the connector back and was able to depress the clip from the same hole and pulled off the connector.

That was some thinking on GM's part.My "Toyota" would never have had something like that. They would make you take the whole dash apart....LOL Been there-done that.

So..If you guys are going to do this change now you know about the hole if you didn't already.

The pictures in a how to post on this topic helped out a lot for the rest of the install.

Thanks for the help who ever you were...[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 10-20-2007, 04:49 AM
Default RE: See ya XM..Hello Sirius

from what they tell me around here the sirius is better,but i dont know,i dont listen to that much music

Old 10-20-2007, 08:26 AM

Do you have a link to that "how to" thread? I just picked up my black H3 Tactical yesterday, have had sirius for years and need to switch asap.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:16 AM

This is the first time I've actually used XM and I can say without a doubt - I don't care for it at all. I would be estastic with Sirius.

Good for you for making the move.

pgaduane

Old 10-20-2007, 11:42 AM

I love my xm....have sirius in the jeep and hate it!!

Old 10-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

I've had XM for years.... I love it.... I am now down to 2 subs... Aftermarket XM in the 2... and XM/Traffic/Weather in my van through my Garmin Streetpilot 7500.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:08 PM

i really like xm. found some good stations. never had sirius. whats so great about it?

Old 10-20-2007, 03:16 PM

I love my XM I have had it since the day it came on the air in LA. Plus they have XM traffic on Pioneer Nav systems. XM and sirius are merging so I guess it's 1 big happy family anyway.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:40 PM

I have had Sirius for about 3 years now. I guess its what I am used to. I have a home unit set up for Sirius as well so for billing purposes it'sa little easier. Sirius also gives me Howard Stern, Blue Collar Comedy and Playboy Radio. Just my preference.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:24 PM

playboy radio? Remind me to wear gloves if I ever drive your truck[:'(]

Quick Reply: See ya XM..Hello Sirius