PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right front rattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Default Right front rattle

Even when it only had 4 miles on the dashboard, there was a faint rattle on the right front. Asked other riders if they hear it. No one hears it.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 01-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Default RE: Right front rattle

No but i have a passanger side seat problem it did not do it for the dealer but soon as i went home and someone got it to the seat it did it. Is'n that the way it always happens.
A Friend of mine saying was if you here somthing just turn the the radio up

Old 01-16-2006, 07:23 PM

i've learned that Motorhead is best for eliminating annoying rattles and wind noise.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:22 PM

nah Pantera is better

Old 01-17-2006, 12:02 AM

I hear a faint rattle about 65-80 mph on the right. My girlfriend thought I was crazy uintil she drove and could here it from the drivers seat. I think mines around the window or dash on the right its hard to tell now. Just went to the mountains and heard it the whole way. Let me know if you figure out the deal

Old 01-17-2006, 10:59 PM

And they thought it was me I will keep trying to pin point and when I do I'll let you know, and if you find anything, please let me know. btw, USMC 70-74, 1345 Semper Fi
ORIGINAL: usmcman001

I hear a faint rattle about 65-80 mph on the right. My girlfriend thought I was crazy uintil she drove and could here it from the drivers seat. I think mines around the window or dash on the right its hard to tell now. Just went to the mountains and heard it the whole way. Let me know if you figure out the deal

Old 01-18-2006, 12:06 AM

I was in the corps from 2000-2004. OIF- Enduring Freedom Vet. Semper fi Outlaw.... I miss the corps man. Let me know if you here of anything on the rattle.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:04 PM

I had a squeek on the front end of mine. It was typical of the sound a front suspension makes when the bushings need grease. After inspection, I learned that the front suspension has no provisions or grease fittings. No too crazy about that.

Anyway, I discovered that the noise was coming from the hood latch assembly. I applied a bit of grease to the latch and the hook on the hood, and the problem was solved.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:36 PM

I think I narrowed it down. I noticed the other day when it was very windy, seems to be in time with the wind. Now have to figure out what may be loose in the r/ front

Old 05-08-2007, 08:32 PM

I know it's been awhile since this was posted, but I was having a similar problem. I had the H3 in the dealership over 6 times. They heard it as well on test drives. Happened at highway speed on windy days.

The issue is the plastic moldings on either side of the windshield. The sun seems to warp them over time. Dealer switched them out and they were ok for alittle while and then it began again. I've contacted GM and they are aware of it, but that doesn't mean anything will be done. Looks like just a bad design, but the sound it annoying.

Quick Reply: Right front rattle