PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of my 2007 H2

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:35 PM

The car is supposed to have an orange peel from the factory. It is not just GM that does it. Every manufacturer out there has an orange peel look to the paint. If it was repainted and it was done poorely then the orange peel look could be a little inconsistent.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:26 PM

Why do you think it is supposed to have orange peel? I dont know of any manufacture that would purposely have it. My 05 H2 doesnt have it nor does my 05 mercedes..the benz's paint job is one of the best and smoothest I have had. My 06 H3 did have orange peel but I just dont understand why you think its done on purpose?

My H2 sunroof rattles a little at highway speeds but only in the down position and the interior does have some rattles..leather is OK but not the best..no water leaks ( probably cuz we dont get any rain )..all in all I still love it

Old 09-02-2010, 06:51 PM

A good friend of mine who owns a high end paint shop and I were discussing orange peel the other day. We agreed that the larger flat panels on today's cars as opposed to curves and swoopes on the older cars wouldn't look as good with really flat paint. My H2 paint looks factory fresh and it has orange peel. It's a little more than my benz's but not much. I would like to see one that has been sanded next to one that wasn't just for the heck of it.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:40 PM

Just wanted to update after nine months of owning my H2. All I can say is that i love the vehicle. It has really grown on me. The comfort and options on my 07 are hard to compare with any other vehicle. I love the layout of all of the controls. I also get no driver fatigue and feel that I could just keep driving longer and longer.

Everyone who rides in the H2 can't get over the Caddy like ride and comfort.

Will do some wet sanding in the spring to make the black paint perfect.

Also people get out of your way!!!

Old 12-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Smile

I love my 08 H2. I've had it for almost 2 years, and it just turned 17000 km. I've only had 3 issues,
(1) The battery had to be replaced, (1 bought it in April 09 and I think it died and the dealership let it freeze before I bought it.)
(2) The switch for the power sunroof quit working and was replaced.
)3) Now I have an, "Engine Hot, AC turned off" warning They replaced a ECU module and said it was good to go, 2 weeks later, the same message, so it's back in the shop again.
All 3 are minor issues, and I love the H2, the ride, options and look, but after my experience with GM's warrantee, I'll never buy another GM product.
They are always threatening that the repair may not be covered, or if they can't find something wrong, I will be billed up to $95 to cover the technicians' time.
But I love my Hummer!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Premium Sponsor

GM paints the HUMMER's to purposely have orange peel to hide the fact that the metal is not straight. In the end, orange peel looked better than warped looking metal or adding a thicker metal which would have added more weight to the HUMMER brand. Which would have resulted in lower fuel mileage. I learned this fact in one of my GM\HUMMER certification classes.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:16 PM

I love my 03 H2. It has 80,000 miles. The only problem i have right now is those damn leaks. I bought some clear rtv silicone and i am going to seal everywhere on the top. It might be a mess though but who will see the top.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:58 PM

Gotta hate the leaks. I took off the roof racks and sealed all of the barrel nuts going into the roof. And also all marker lights and rubber seals.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:27 PM

Not low enough gears in 4low? Really. I about broke my neck when I put mine in 4lo and pushed on the gas. I also have a 2007.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Premium Sponsor
Default water leak

There is one place you can check to see if it's the culprit of the water leak. Try the sun roof drains, A lot of time the drains are crimped and the heavier the rain the worse they drain. Do you see where the water is coming in from?

Originally Posted by No more Jeeps
Gotta hate the leaks. I took off the roof racks and sealed all of the barrel nuts going into the roof. And also all marker lights and rubber seals.

Quick Reply: Review of my 2007 H2