PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Interior Trim

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 10:46 AM
Default Removing Interior Trim

Hello all!
I am wanting to vinyl wrap the interior trim of my H3! Does anyone know where I can find diagrams on how to easily remove the interior trim? I am really wanting to wrap the chrome ring around the shifter as well as around my radio console. I just am not sure how to get the chrome rings off without breaking anything!

Any info is appreciated!

Old 05-02-2018, 11:36 PM

(To remove the boot, start from either side at the base and gently but firmly pull up then do the same on the opposite side. The boot bezel has four molded plastic clips, two at the front and two at the rear. Mine came off without breaking the clips. The shift shaft is attached by an allen set screw 3/16"but you'll play hell breaking that puppy loose. The top of the boot is held onto the shaft by an "O ring" which you can just push down the shaft and forget it. With the bezel and new boot in hand, find a comfortable seat and a covered table. MAKE SURE that you note how the old boot fits over the bezel. Even though the new boot looks a little larger than the old, DO NOT trim it to match the old one. After fitting the bottom of the new boot to the bezel, I used a hot glue gun to put a few tacks where the boot attaches to the bezel. You'll have to make a few mods where the seams fit into the bezel slots because the leather is so heavy. Trim very little off. Now your ready for the easy part. Did I mention that the boot has a strip of velcro and a tie wrap at the the top to fit over that damned shift ****? )

The information provided is actually borrowed from stwhip2006. and kurteken.

There is a hex screw on the **** ( side of the AC / heater )
Unscrew it and take off the shiftknob
Then open the armrest and you wil find two screws in there.
You have to unscrew them also.
Then just pull backwards the whole thing and remove it.
A 2 minute job with no risk of breaking things.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:31 AM

For the radio bezel, put your two fingers into the two 12v outlets and pull up(slightly) and back; the whole thing just snaps into place. You'll need to put the shifter into Low in order to get the clearance. Once it's loose, you can unplug all of the electrical (switches/controls).

Old 05-03-2018, 11:14 AM

Thank you for your reply! This is very helpful!

Old 05-03-2018, 07:35 PM

Can I remove the shift shaft bezel without removing the boot?