PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REMOTE STARTER

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Default RE: REMOTE STARTER

my dealer called me back and said it be aroud 350 or more but it not factory where did you get your so cheap that what i was looking at was the viper THANKS

Old 12-19-2005, 02:42 PM

Remote starter in the H3 are done the same as you would install in a Colorado. You need the passlock module for the starter. If you do a remote alarm as well, nothing special is needed.
If you replace the stereo, you need the Bose adapter (if Bose equipped) and you need the On-Star module so On-Star will work.

I work part time at a high end stereo shop (1 day a week for 18 yrs) and also in the process on signing papers on an H3. (we are doing an H3 today for a starter as well, already done about 6 of them)

I was debating on getting an H2 used or H3 new.

Bruce

Old 12-19-2005, 06:14 PM

I had it done today... There is no dealer starter unless there was installed at the factory (not sure if they were ever offered)... Several will work, I bought the viper... I paid $400 installed... The only issue it has is that no one can tap into the factory alarm... That means if you lock it with the factory remote (setting the alarm) you MUST unlock it with the factory alarm... You can use the Viper controller to lock and unlock as well but it will not set the alarm... If you start it with the remote starter and unlock it with the viper controller your alarm will sound... If you set the alarm and lock it and unlock it with the viper controller and then start it, it won't run... It will turn over but will not start... Then you will be sitting for 21 minutes waiting for the system to reset before you can run it again... If you plan on using the remote starter it is best to just use the Viper controller and not set the alarm... If you are going to need the alarm in a bad neighborhood then I would suggest using the factory controller and start it yourself with the key...

P.S. I bought my viper at the same place the dealer was going to send my truck to be done so there is no way around it unless they offer a factory installed starter...

Old 12-19-2005, 10:01 PM

Hey on the radio today i herd we have a law called a no ideling law anyone ever here of this so if you do use you remote starter and a cop drives by he can write you up what the hell is this place coming to[:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 12-19-2005, 10:04 PM

i price the viper alarm and remote at three location 300 even

Old 12-20-2005, 09:56 AM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

Hey on the radio today i herd we have a law called a no ideling law anyone ever here of this so if you do use you remote starter and a cop drives by he can write you up what the hell is this place coming to[:@][:@][:@][:@]

In my city it is an ordinance called "failure to properly secure a motor vehicle"... It is for people who leave their car running and go into stores... If they run away by accident or are stolen then you might be charged... I know of nothing of the sort for remote starting locked cars...

Old 12-20-2005, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

i price the viper alarm and remote at three location 300 even

Yup, me too... I heard that and then they added in the passlock modual needed and blah, blah, blah... The place the dealer sent me, where they take all their cars quoted me 355 installed... The wait list was over 1 month... I took the local 400 bid and had it done in 3 days...

Old 12-21-2005, 03:28 AM

i got my viper alarm and starter done fo $238, and if you think there is an alarm in the h3 from the factory, your crazy, they have passlock, which wont allow the car to be started unless the same unlocking/locking method is used, and will set the horn off, if this were an actual alarm, it would have a siren not just the horn, also, if it were an alarm it would state that in the manual

Old 12-21-2005, 08:55 AM

The passlock does just what you said and being that the only thing missing is the siren itself, I guess you can say it is not an alarm if you want to... My insurance agency took 15% off my comprehensive because they call it and alarm... To me any audible alarm that sounds if the car is accessed improperly is an alarm... The sirens are nice but I don't really live or visit anywhere I might need one... The only research I did at all was to call my dealer who told me they used Mike Curry for all their remote starters and he quoted me 355 installed for my viper... I just did not want to wait the month and drive the 50 miles so paid a bit more locally... They had several alarms offered for my truck from $199 to $550 so no clue how they might compare...

Old 12-22-2005, 08:13 AM

If anyone has the Viper 160-XV starter could yo tell me how to change the run time from 12 to 24 minutes?? It comes set on 12 default I guess but need the 24 and would rather not have to go back to the installer for this little thing... Hoping its easy...

Quick Reply: REMOTE STARTER