PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Recomendations for brush guard

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Default RE: Recomendations for brush guard

ORIGINAL: Crash

ORIGINAL: novasaigo

That is the one I was looking to buy.Any problem opening the hood with that one?
Good luck finding one right now.. I spoke to Teaka Toys yesterday about it.. They sold the last one they had on hand on Friday and the manufacturer is at least temporarily outta the business..

I have seen it for sale on a couple of other sites, but they're asking about $200 more than Teaka was.. The SMA from Teaka was close to $650 after shipping...

He did mention they had a lead on some very similar to the SMAthat would be on the market in the next 6 months, but they'd be about $250 higher than the SMA.. Forjusta bit moreyou could go on and get the Tough Country Bumper with Brush Guard built onto it..
(I am so glad I got mine when I did.....and it was so worth the six and a half bills shipped)

Looks like the few these guys have left are the last of the Mohicans:

http://www.hummerhub.com/store/cart....10d246dc5b6032

Hummer H3 Brush Guard by SMA Hummer
yup, we've purchased 10 of these beautiful brush guards from the SMA liquidation. once they are gone, that's it.

[align=left]$650.00 x = $650.00

[/align]

Old 03-15-2007, 12:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

ORIGINAL: novasaigo

That is the one I was looking to buy.Any problem opening the hood with that one?
Good luck finding one right now.. I spoke to Teaka Toys yesterday about it.. They sold the last one they had on hand on Friday and the manufacturer is at least temporarily outta the business..

I have seen it for sale on a couple of other sites, but they're asking about $200 more than Teaka was.. The SMA from Teaka was close to $650 after shipping...

He did mention they had a lead on some very similar to the SMAthat would be on the market in the next 6 months, but they'd be about $250 higher than the SMA.. Forjusta bit moreyou could go on and get the Tough Country Bumper with Brush Guard built onto it..
(I am so glad I got mine when I did.....and it was so worth the six and a half bills shipped)

Looks like the few these guys have left are the last of the Mohicans:

http://www.hummerhub.com/store/cart....10d246dc5b6032
EDIT: BTW.. If you want to see what this link really is, hit the quote reply button and it'll unhide...

Hummer H3 Brush Guard by SMA Hummer
yup, we've purchased 10 of these beautiful brush guards from the SMA liquidation. once they are gone, that's it.

[align=left]$650.00 x = $650.00

[/align]
Wow.. If I'd found that before Monday, I might have ordered it.. As it stands I ordered the Manik HD wrap around job from Teaka.. $450 shipped..

Interestly enough, I'd emailed them Saturday about differences in shipping costs between the SMA and the Manik.. The Manik was only $41 shipping and the SMA was $130.. I gave up on getting and email back so I called 'em up Monday to see if I could get the SMA with the $41 shipping.. They were out so it didn't matter much.. I ordered the Manik.. Late Tuesday afternoon I got an email from Ramone at Teaka.. He said thanks for bringing the shipping cost error to their attention and that the shipping on the Manik was misquoted and should also be $130 because it is to large for UPS to deliver.. I think I'm gonna wait until I have it hand on Friday before I reply back to him with a thank you note..

Anyroads.. Even the Manik will now cost folks an extra $150 or so if you order direct from the website.. I recommend calling them up though.. They knocked 5% off the price when I mentioned the forum..

Old 03-15-2007, 12:56 AM

ORIGINAL: msl369

Believe it or not we are not permitted to do any kind of manuveurs other than evasive driving. Since we are urban and there are few if any good places in the city do PIT someone they won't even train us. We have to rely on good old fashion speed, better driving, better knowledge of the streets and sheer *****. (Not saying people haven't dont those PIT manuevers, they just aren't documented anywhere in the reports how/why the other vehicle stopped). Don't think its hasn't crossed my mind to pit someone in my H3, my luck I'd destroy the front of my truck.

BTW that car now looks like this ....

Around 3am one night (I was off) a drunk driver slammed into the side of the car... I think the officer is still suffering neck/back pain... Of course 2 weeks before this happened the shop guys put extra lights in the grille and the rear bumper at my request and I the following day the car was expected at the computer shop to have a new mobile computer installed. I was HEART BROKEN [&o][&o][&o].

A month later I got this hunk of crap

They changed the numbers on the outside and reassigned it... Its a 2000 Ford with 216,000 miles on it, Its on its second engine and transmission, been in at least 4 accidents where they had to make repairs. Its no suprise its been in the shop more than on the street since I got it... (Awaiting a master cylinder, heater core, new driver's seat). Its either this or I drive a tiny little chevy impala, I took the mobile crap box.
at least you will not feel to bad if you have to do the pit manouver

Old 03-15-2007, 01:02 AM

I'm so "stupid in love" with those d@mn SMA guards, I'd almost order a spare.......ALMOST......

I'm looking forward to seeing your Manik installed.....I had considered that one as well.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:20 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing your Manik installed.....I had considered that one as well.
Me too.. I'm honestly hoping it doesn't look as bad as I'm afraid it might.. It kinda has a Range Rover look about it for some reason as opposed to the Hummer look of the SMA.. The only picture of it I've even seen of this oneare the ones Manik issued as item shots on the Silver truck.. I saw several pics of the Standard Duty one either here or on one ofthe OTHER forums (the guy whose dad looks like Jesus over in Middle Tennessee) and REALLY liked the way the center of it looked with the extra upper bar that goes across the center supports rather than stopping between them and this one is laid out the same way.. Plus the wrap around thing that it's got happening.. And the HD was cheaper than the Standard duty... Soooo..

I'dconsidered having a customguard made from 5/8" x 1" flat barstock and steel mesh similar to the ones on the Military Hummers.. Actually I think what I really wanted is more akin to a cattle catcher on a train.. Right after I got the truck I nailed a deer and did about $4000 worth of damage... I'm pretty sure that SMA would have taken the biggest part of that hit and saved me some headaches dealing with insurance and the dealer on the repair.. Ended up leaving it with the dealer two extra daysAFTER they said it was fixed and I'd turned the rental back in. And it's still not entirely right, but you've gotta know what you're looking at to notice the screw up now at least.. Bet they loved the Customer Satisfaction form.. I actualy attached a second page to it...

Old 03-15-2007, 12:45 PM

D'oh.. Teaka may have took it on the chin on this one.. Just got the shipped reply email from 'em.. They had to stick it on a freight carrier.. It was to big for FedEx or UPS..I still find that odd because I've had much heavier stuff (like a small motor-scooter at 150lbs) in roughly the same size box delivered FedEx..

Old 03-16-2007, 01:11 AM

Man......You must have the twin to "The Shoveler's" lucky rabbit..........
Those deer hits are some scary things. Did it make into the cab?
(One did on an associate’s Vette.... or rather a piece of it did)

So, did you get the cheaper shipping price?
(You should have for the delayed delivery.....It's got to be the bulk and not the weight)

Well, post some pics of that bad boy as soon as you get it mounted.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:17 AM

(You should have for the delayed delivery.....It's got to be the bulk and not the weight)

Didn't make it in.. Almost.. Not sure if she was going up or down when she hit, but she was high enough to hit above that plastic part of the bumper and take out the grill and slide up over the hood and STOP when she hit that vertical windshield.. There were holes that came all the way through the windshield, but I didn't have her perched in the seat beside me..

Shipping was something like $46 rather than the $130.. Got the order in maybe an hour before they found my original email and changed the prices on the site... Of course I haven't gone back and looked at my bank account, Roman may have gone ahead and revisedmy shipping prices when he saw them.. He didn't seemvery pleasantwhen I talked to him on the phone about a screwed up tracking number and a misspelled street name on the shipping info.. I'm sure there was something on the order he wasn't to happy about.. Said he'd call me back and let me know.. Never heard back from him.. Oh well.. Guess it'll show up when/if it does..

Not sure how it could be bulk.. The box that scooter came in was more of a crate than a box.. 6x3x2 @150lbs or so.. I would have figured it would have came freight...

BTW.. IMHO $130 shipping is WAY over the line.. I had a sidecar shipped to Memphis from the New Jersey shipping docks via a frieght carrier about6 years back.. It's crate FILLED the back of a long bed Silverado and was close to 300lbs.. Shipping on it was only $75. Of course I did have to pick it up at the terminal here in Memphis..

Old 03-16-2007, 07:18 AM

Didn't make it in.. Almost.. Not sure if she was going up or down when she hit, but she was high enough to hit above that plastic part of the bumper and take out the grill and slide up over the hood and STOP when she hit that vertical windshield.. There were holes that came all the way through the windshield, but I didn't have her perched in the seat beside me.. Can check out the pics here.. http://groups.msn.com/ChasingTheWind/h3vsdeer.msnw

Shipping was something like $46 rather than the $130.. Got the order in maybe an hour before they found my original email and changed the prices on the site... Of course I haven't gone back and looked at my bank account, Roman may have gone ahead and revisedmy shipping prices when he saw them.. He didn't seemvery pleasantwhen I talked to him on the phone about a screwed up tracking number and a misspelled street name on the shipping info.. I'm sure there was something on the order he wasn't to happy about.. Said he'd call me back and let me know.. Never heard back from him.. Oh well.. Guess it'll show up when/if it does..

Not sure how it could be bulk.. The box that scooter came in was more of a crate than a box.. 6x3x2 @150lbs or so.. I would have figured it would have came freight...

BTW.. IMHO $130 shipping is WAY over the line.. I had a sidecar shipped to Memphis from the New Jersey shipping docks via a frieght carrier about6 years back.. It's crate FILLED the back of a long bed Silverado and was close to 300lbs.. Shipping on it was only $75. Of course I did have to pick it up at the terminal here in Memphis..

Old 03-22-2007, 10:56 AM

Well.. The box was a LOT bigger than I expected... Dang near the size of the H3's cab..!!! Ok.. That long anyway.. About 8 or 9 ft long.. Lots of that white foam wrap packing stuff all over Manik.. About 8 inches of it.. They're taking no chances of scuffs and scrathes from shipping..

Install was pretty easy... Hard part was finding sockets and wrenches large enough to do the deed.. Not sure if the nuts and bolts holding the tow hooks are metric or standard, but they were larger than anything I had.. So out come the bastard tools, "The Cresent Wrench" and "The Hognose Pliers". Had to grind an alignmenttit off the back of the tow hook plates, but other than that it was a cake walk even by myself..

So here's what we ended up with... Could use some Hella lights, but that's down the road a bit... And of course this thing makes the roof rack look VERY whimpy.. Don't look like they should really be together..I'm thinking as many contractors as are running around with custom ladder racks, I ought be able to find someone that can make something that'd work with the Manik for a lot less than a Gobi...

Quick Reply: Recomendations for brush guard