PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rear wiper range

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Default Rear wiper range

Is it a defect or does everyone's rear widow wiper only move from 3 O'clock position to about 11 O'clock and back. I have seen other SUV's and the wiper covers at least 180 degree wipe. Mine only wipes a small area and I think it is useless unless it wipes from one end to the other not half way.

Anyone have this same issue?

Old 09-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Default RE: Rear wiper range

I never use mine leave marks on the window that does not come out.
My last 4runner i removed it and had the body shop cover the hole but at least on the H3 you do not see it
The old 4runners where great it was on top and was hidden behind the spoiler and it went down which makes better sense because it push snow off easier theses new ones push it up and have strain on them does not make sense.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:36 PM

Mine wipes from 9 to 1, but that's is the full range of the wipe.

Just a commentary in general and it's not at you specifically Bogy;..

It never ceases to amaze me that people start bitchin or compalining about their car's inadequacies after they buy it..For example, no child proof locks on the back doors, or not enough power, or rear wiper only wipes 100 degrees instead 180, or not enough visability to the rear, spare tire is blocking rear window, seats to low, seats too high, Window controls hard to reach, windshield too flat, gets too many bug guts splatters..the list is long and ridiculous that I've seen here on this and other forums...

For Christ sakes!!!..Don't you people test drive these cars???? or are you ordering them out of a mailorder catalog...When I buy a car or a toothbrush, I try it out first and give it a VERY close examination before I do buy it..So if there is anything that doesn't come up to my standards or meets my expectations, I ask myself if I can live with the problem without bitching before I drop the dime. Then if I do buy it, I have no one to bitch to but myself in the first place, than come on a public forum and whine about it...

So enjoy the car or dump it.

Ok, Rant off..Nothing personal Bogy

Old 09-16-2006, 03:22 PM

Dennis,

Hope you understand that people buy Hummers because they are Hummers. The primary reason I believe the vehicle sell is because of the name. At least that was my main reason...owning a "Hummer" kinda lifts your status symbol up a little.

Most of us go to the dealership and already decided. Sure we test drive it, but because of the thrill of the moment driving it, you don't notice any little inadequecies (is there such a word? ). You just want to make sure the engine sounds good, no significant noise, or no obvious problems, and that's it...we want to head to the finance office and sign everything eager to drive off with a brand spankin' new H3 as fast as possible.

I do agree that the shortfalls are minor, and I do believe that if people are not happy with their vehicle after a few days, then they should have a chance to return it with full money back.

The dealership kind of take advantage of the fact that people buying a new car is very excited and misses minor issues that they know will be later found.

Mi dos centavos.

Just to answer the original query, mine doesn't either. But I never really use it.
ORIGINAL: Dennis

Mine wipes from 9 to 1, but that's is the full range of the wipe.

Just a commentary in general and it's not at you specifically Bogy;..

It never ceases to amaze me that people start bitchin or compalining about their car's inadequacies after they buy it..For example, no child proof locks on the back doors, or not enough power, or rear wiper only wipes 100 degrees instead 180, or not enough visability to the rear, spare tire is blocking rear window, seats to low, seats too high, Window controls hard to reach, windshield too flat, gets too many bug guts splatters..the list is long and ridiculous that I've seen here on this and other forums...

For Christ sakes!!!..Don't you people test drive these cars???? or are you ordering them out of a mailorder catalog...When I buy a car or a toothbrush, I try it out first and give it a VERY close examination before I do buy it..So if there is anything that doesn't come up to my standards or meets my expectations, I ask myself if I can live with the problem without bitching before I drop the dime. Then if I do buy it, I have no one to bitch to but myself in the first place, than come on a public forum and whine about it...

So enjoy the car or dump it.

Ok, Rant off..Nothing personal Bogy

Old 09-16-2006, 03:25 PM

I totally agree Dennis, if you are going to spend between 30 and 43 thousand dollars you should
know what you are buying. I always hear people talking about the bad things of their truck not
the good things. When we test drove our H3 we noticed that the h3 has a tighter turn radius then my
wifes old Volvo 850 when doing a U turn. We should not dwell on the bad but on the good. And as far as my rear
windsheild wipers I use them most of the time and they work just fine.

Jim

Old 09-16-2006, 03:51 PM

Eeew. Remind me not to shop where you buy your toothbrushes...

-Alan

Old 09-16-2006, 04:23 PM

ORIGINAL: khoolhandz

Dennis,

Hope you understand that people buy Hummers because they are Hummers. The primary reason I believe the vehicle sell is because of the name. At least that was my main reason...owning a "Hummer" kinda lifts your status symbol up a little.

inadequecies (is there such a word? ).
I understand the new car fever syndrone <----(that's a word too), But most sensible buyers will go home and cool off a little and come down off the high from the smell of new leather and carpet and look more objectively at what they are about to invest in for the next 3 to 5 years.

Noun: inadequacy `in'adikwusee

1. Lack of an adequate quantity or number
"the inadequacy of unemployment benefits"
- insufficiency, deficiency

2. A lack of competence
"juvenile offences often reflect an inadequacy in the parents"
- insufficiency

3. Unsatisfactoriness by virtue of being inadequate
- inadequateness

Old 09-16-2006, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: AlanH3

Eeew. Remind me not to shop where you buy your toothbrushes...

-Alan
Don't worry, I rinse them off after I try them out!

Old 09-16-2006, 04:33 PM

I agree 100% with Dennis on this one.

But yes, I noticed it has a short stroke. I also noticed it's a small window, and doesn't need much to clear a viewpoint.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:39 PM

I agree on checking out the short cummings and deciding to live with them or not. However........ It's also lets others know of these small areas so thay can check them out. It also gives GM insight on how to make it better for the next year.

Only another way to look at it.

Quick Reply: Rear wiper range