PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Wheel Fell Off while driving

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 04:19 AM
Default RE: Rear Wheel Fell Off while driving

The actuallity of having all your nuts break off at the exact same time is not practicle. One or two maybe but you would hear them rolling around under the covers. I SMELL FISH!!![:@]...and this time it is not cat breath

Old 01-12-2007, 10:45 AM

You would think that someone would have something better to do than to fabricate some bullsheat story. Get a f-ing life peckerhead!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:58 PM

OK. I know a lot of you are skeptical. But this is not a fabricated story and I am not a tree hugger as someone stated. I actually own a black 2007 H3, and yes, the rear wheel fell off while i was driving at a slow speed. I haven't taken it off road and there was no impact before this happened. I have not had any work done on it since I have owned it. (less than 3 months)

It is crazy to think that all six lug nuts snapped. At first I thought someone didn't like me and they loosened them. However the guys from the tow service said that they didn't appear to be loose and all six of them were broke inside the disc.

However, I just talked to the dealer and they are keeping my vehicle a little longer than it would normally take to repair something like this. They said that Hummer wants to take a look at it because it is such a unique occurrence. I do not know the total damage yet. I assume that there is substantial damage to the disc because I did slide for about 4-6ft. I have never heard of anything like this.

If you think this is bull, you wouldn't believe the story behind it.

Basically, I was heading toward the on ramp of the thruway when I realized I forgot to sign the receipt for the restaurant that I had eaten lunch at. Of course I was a couple miles away from the restaurant at this point and thought.."should I go back?" Obviously the waitress gets paid on tips. Because I forgot to sign it, I forgot to leave a tip as well.(paid via CC) I contemplated on just calling them and telling them that I would stop back sometime later in the week or not leaving a tip at all.

Long story short, I decided to do the right thing and turned around. I went back into the restaurant and signed the bill + gave a tip. They were very appreciative. When I was pulling out of the restaurant onto the street, my freaking wheel fell off. It happened in a split second, I heard a noise, then dropped, and saw my wheel rolling down the street in my side mirror. I immediately called onstar, and they sent someone down to tow it.

I am not one to look into fate and things like that, but If I wouldn't have gone back to sign that bill. I would have been on the thruway when the wheel fell off. It could have been an awful scene.

I am still waiting on a rental right now. I am driving my girlfriends Honda Accord. <--Big difference from the Hummer.

Anyway, Like I said this is a true story. Unfortunately I do not have pics to prove it, but if you would like to verify it call town Hummer auto-shop in Buffalo NY and ask them.

I posted to this to see if anyone else had experienced this. I didn't know if there was a recall or something that I wasn't aware of.

I appreciate everyones feedback.
--

Old 01-12-2007, 01:15 PM

Sounds legit. Sorry if we jumped on you, but we've had our fair share of **** orifices try to disrupt this site.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:33 PM

That funny I donot seem to smell fish anymore...

Keep us updated cuz I believe this is a first...[X(]

Old 01-12-2007, 01:41 PM

I will keep you posted. I am expecting a call from them either sometime today or next week.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:52 PM

Okay buddy sounds legit, sorry about the
skepticism..Hope you get er fixed up good soon and real glad you weren't hurt...And Welcome to the forum here

Old 01-12-2007, 04:22 PM

How freak! Boy, that's quite a story in several aspects.My apologies for the earlier cracks, but then I also apologized earlier in advance LOL. Sounds like you were very lucky and had "Someone" looking after you that day! I wish I hadn't read it now because while I don't tend to think negatively and fear the worst, one can't help but invision it now. Good luck....

Old 01-12-2007, 08:40 PM

I don't know, It could happen

Old 01-12-2007, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I'm pretty sure it is either in the manual or on the label with the tire pressures on the driver's side door.

I wouldn't go being paranoid. The chances that your lugs are under or over tightened are pretty slim. How many people do you see actually having wheels come off while driving?It's probably 1 in a million. I wouldn't be worried about it, but I'm just saying, I can speak from experience. Ittakes ALOT of pressure to crack a lug bolt, especially on a Hummer. For ALL of them to break at one time, and going 2 MPH, yes that doesn't sound right to me either, but I thought I'd share my experience
I have to add that two friends have had a wheel fall off while driving. In both cases they had just had new tires mounted (two different places)and it was clear that the shop never tightened the lugs.

Quick Reply: Rear Wheel Fell Off while driving