PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really weird Hummer marketing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Default Really weird Hummer marketing...

Hey everyone.

Remember the Hummer H3 commercial where a Godzilla type monster and a robot are thrashing through a city, meet, fall in love, have a baby (that's an H3) and the tagline is "Hummer H3 - It's a little monster"?

Well I went to that campaign's website, www.hummer.com/monsters/ and found a really weird, really badly designed website owned and operated by GM: http://www.jenniferlovestherobot.com/

It's supposed to be a microsite about how the Godzilla ("Jennifer") loves their baby H3. It's just such a weird design and weird campaign, and the "husband" (Robot) has his own website too: http://www.robotasticinc.com/

I just think that this is really weird marketing on GM's part. These are all owned by GM and legally assumed by them.

Here is the original commercial (where I personally believe this campaign should have ended; great commercial, why take it too far with these weird websites?!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XA3-8qtrWM

What are your thoughts? I just found it all very "cheap" for the Hummer brand.

Last edited by iPhone; 09-04-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:56 PM

Naw. That just fits in with all the other really stupid commercials running as of late. Seems whoever comes up with the ideas for some of the commercials is about as funny as a Barium Enema. I mean, just how far should you take a pair of eyes on a bundle of money? Someone at the company thought it was such a fantastic idea they have to made 200 commercials about it. Sad thing is, they are making alot of money doing these things.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by stonemiser
Naw. That just fits in with all the other really stupid commercials running as of late. Seems whoever comes up with the ideas for some of the commercials is about as funny as a Barium Enema. I mean, just how far should you take a pair of eyes on a bundle of money? Someone at the company thought it was such a fantastic idea they have to made 200 commercials about it. Sad thing is, they are making alot of money doing these things.
And that's Geico, who you would think would have way more money to make way better commercials! Geico is owned by Berkshire Hathaway (the owner of which is the 2nd richest person in the world). I've noticed that a lot of Berkshire Hathaway companies have really bad advertising!

But I just thought of all brands Hummer would not be behind these really dumb websites. I guess it's obviously not their primary marketing material for the H3 but still, it's crap. Comparing this to Hummer's other marketing efforts it's just weird!

Old 09-04-2009, 05:57 PM

Whats wrong with that? I think its a really unique and different approach to advertising, and i love it to be honest. that ad is awesome. and the follow up site they made for that ad is even awesomer. i mean who else has a ultra sound pic of their car?
its not very cheap. its showing the car is a monster. and as the slogan goes Like.Nothing.Else. basicaly not just anycar. a monster.

In conclusion, i give that commercial 20/10. brilliant brilliant ad, only one ive ever downloaded. Thumbs up!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:15 PM

panamera,

To each thier own I guess. Of course you may be one of the designers of said comercial/site. Just kidding.

As we are talking commercials, how many good commercials did we see during the Superbowl in Feb.? It used to be that every commercial shown was an instant classic. This year it really sucked.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:56 AM

Good find! Typical Hummer stuff. It's like cyber-sarcasm.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:31 AM

thanks for nice information
________
Chrysler pacifica (1999 concept vehicle) specifications

Last edited by jerseymike68; 02-24-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:20 PM

Yeah I agree with iPhone. It is weird. I think they could have come up with something better.