PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RAUSCH CREEK ORV park April Run

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 PM

He ain't kidding...no slackers on this run, it's gonna move like clockwork! You don't show at the right time, nobody's waiting. It's not easy to coordinate a run of this size.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:02 PM

I will be there on Friday April 1st for the good times! Plus parking is going to become a premium for those who show up later... We can probably make more spots if need be also.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:16 PM

I'll be there the 1st as well. It's gonna be a great run.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:07 AM

Alright guys, one more week until the trip!! What does our time schedule look like?

Not to bring on any bad luck but have any of you guys broken anything out on the trail? My friend scared me last night saying i might not make it back in one piece. Anyone bring tools with them?

Old 03-24-2011, 10:29 AM

We have 30+ Hummers going at this time. As for the time schedule, people will start arriving at the Hampton Inn from about noon on Friday.
If you get there early friday you will see various mods being done in the rear parking lot. I know some UCP will get installed, some rocker protection rails, some roof racks and other mods.
We are having a mini swap meet/flea market of Hummer stuff in the parking lot later friday afternoon then everyone will start going for dinner around 6:00.
After dinner everyone will gather in the rear parking lot for a tailgate party/ BS session until the wee hours in the morning.

Caravan forms on Saturday morning in the hotel exit driveway, you will be expected to be fueled up, have lunch aquired and be in lineup PRIOR to 7:15. We will leave PROMPTLY at 7:30 and head over to the RC Park.
Anyone not staying at the hotel needs to be there in the morning by 7:15 or meet us at RC by 7:30.

As for trail damage, bone stock Hummers have no trouble on the green (easiest) trails. No one forces anybody to do anything that they are uncomfortable doing and no one is going to let anybody do anything stupid.
Damage is rare but between all of the rigs going we will have plenty of tie rods, half shafts and other spare parts. Most of us carry a full box of tools and there is a lot of mechanical knowledge between all of the experienced drivers.
So if you are a first timer, go have fun, be assured that you will most likely not break anything but if something does happen it will get repaired as best as can be. We leave no one behind.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bunger
Caravan forms on Saturday morning in the hotel exit driveway, you will be expected to be fueled up, have lunch aquired and be in lineup PRIOR to 7:15. We will leave PROMPTLY at 7:30 and head over to the RC Park.
Anyone not staying at the hotel needs to be there in the morning by 7:15 or meet us at RC by 7:30.

We leave no one behind.
X2 to everything above!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:05 PM

Sounds great, thats what i like to hear. I am more then willing to wrench under a rig all day, im just hoping its not mine haha.(or anyone else)

Schedule wise, you guys are making it very convincing to stay friday night, im might just crash in the truck for the night. Hopefully it warms up by then, this crazy weather is killing me.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by StevenAquino
Sounds great, thats what i like to hear. I am more then willing to wrench under a rig all day, im just hoping its not mine haha.(or anyone else)

Schedule wise, you guys are making it very convincing to stay friday night, im might just crash in the truck for the night. Hopefully it warms up by then, this crazy weather is killing me.
yea try and come up friday it really adds to the whole atmosphere and experience. It is worth it, besides maybe you can find someone with floor to sleep on... it won't be so cold haha

But it helps in the mourning making it less stressful, all you have to do is roll out of bed... into your truck... and in line and your good to go.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:34 PM

yeah, im thinking about it. Its a 2 hour drive for me so it would be nice to not have to wake up at 5 to get to the park on time.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 AM

yep, i completely see where your coming from, its 2 hours for me as well. And depending on where your coming, you might hit traffic or what not, it does get rid of the risk. Even if you had friends closer to the park, lessen the drive

Quick Reply: RAUSCH CREEK ORV park April Run