PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

raising the front of my truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 04:11 AM
Default raising the front of my truck

OK, i want/need to raise the front of my truck a bit. I like the look of the thing with the rear higher than the front (it looks like its ready to pounce), but i need the inch of mid-body clearance that i think i can get by raising the front.

I can raise the front by simply turning the T-bar bolts, or i could opt for a spacer system. This is the only spacer system i have found

http://www.mossh2.com/Shop/ViewProdu...eIndexID=49588

I don't know one steenking thing about the mechanical elements of the truck, but the dealer has offered that i can crank the bolts to raise the front at the expense of a stiffer ride. They offer that after cranking them a bit, i should drive around for 10-20 miles to let things "settle in", then crank them some more if need be, and finally get the truck aligned after 50 miles or so of driving. Seems simple enough.

But if a bit more lift and retention of the soft ride that i like could be had with spacers, the price is right & i would opt to give that a try.

Theories, thoughts, and experiences are welcome.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Default RE: raising the front of my truck

Greenblade, your going the WRONG DIRECTION Name:  hypnotised.gif
Views: 54
Size:  7.6 KB

LOWER IT BABY!!!!!!! Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 56
Size:  3.2 KB

Old 10-03-2006, 07:29 AM

I would like to do the same thing. So your question is also my question.Name:  scratchchin.gif
Views: 48
Size:  1.3 KB

Old 10-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Greenblade, your going the WRONG DIRECTION

LOWER IT BABY!!!!!!!
I hear that my man. I wanted to lower my H3, but NOOO the wife says "It's a Hummer it's supposed to be jacked up" but then when I get it all muddy and say "It's a Hummer it's supposed to be muddy and dirty" of course I'm wrong

Old 10-03-2006, 12:12 PM

I told you bro..The magic words are " Yes Dear"

Old 10-03-2006, 12:31 PM

DON'T ADD SPACERS, DON'T ADD SPACERS, DON'T ADD SPACERS ! ! ! !

hopefully i was clear on my opinion. if you're only looking for an extra inch (although your wife may want more ), just use the torsion bars. that way you have no questions about what may be different, and it's one of the simplest things you can do to raise the front without messing up anything else. the ride difference is going to be minimal, try the t-bar first before you waste money.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Eh, I found a better way; just let her loose in the cloths store.

She wants me to put a pole on here. You'll see it sometime today. Feel free to delete it as a useless post

Old 10-03-2006, 12:55 PM

Wives or any form of spousal affiliation with Hummer owners are not allowed to have an opinion here unless they too own a HUMMER.

Do I have an atz right?[sm=proof.gif]

Old 10-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Um, make that a POLL not a POLE

Old 10-03-2006, 02:27 PM

I agree with Shortbus. Try turning the torsion bars first. It's free, and if you don't like it you can always turn them back with nothing lost, but knowledge gained. I know with my H3 when I turned mine (gained about an inch) there wasn't a siginificant difference in ride other than the initial drive afterwards where I was looking for a difference. Now I don't even notice it, even compared to when I drove a '07 loaner for a few days.

Quick Reply: raising the front of my truck