PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Radio and Wiper Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Default Radio and Wiper Issue

Hello Fellow Hummer Owners ...

2003 H2 62,000 miles

Today, I started the truck turned on the radio, but no sound, I checked the volume ran through stations and even turned on my CD. Still no sound. I turned on On Star, hoping i would hear the gals voice, but nothing. This leads me to believe there is a common connection going out to the speakers that is an issue? Any insight, has anyone had this issue?

Oh, my wiper problem. So my truck wasnt on the recall list but i went through the pain of the phantom wiper issue. You know where they turn on and off and bleed a whole bottle of washer fluid out the back wiper! I let that issue work it self out, i havent chnaged the lid or even opened up the cover at this point as it hasnt happen in a long time.

But last week i started the front wipers and mid way through the 'wipe' the wipers would stop in the middle of the windshild. I pulled on the wiper just a bit and it completed the wipe rotation. However the start of the second wipe it would stop at the same spot again and again and again ...

Now they just wont move at all. Im wondering if the wiper motor is blown... any advise, anyone have this issue? is the motor $$$ and hard to change.. Money is tight these days and i dont want to pay the man (GM) if i have to ...

Thanks in advance for all your help

Old 06-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Default wiper

i have an 03 also and had my wiper motor thing done today i guess mine was part of the recall and the hummer dealership did it for free i dont understand why yours wouldny be done either how come you cant get it done on the recall what is happening water is hitting the electric board that runs the motor and shorting it out all they did to mine today was put a seel around the motor cover to prevent water from getting to the motor, and for the radio check the fuses good luck

Old 06-18-2009, 08:08 PM

if you read the posts on the first page (probably about 10 down) I listed short instructions on a wiper fix.

I bet the circuit board has a carbon tracks.