PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on the h3s

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Question Question on the h3s

i have a 2007 H3 and i know it has the luxury package but how can i tell if i have the adventure package? whats the real diffrence?

also i went off roading with some friends a while back ago and my friend hit a tree with his F150 and bent his bumber causing his tire to be unable to turn. well hooked up a chain to the rear shackel on the h3 and his bumper. i put it in 4lo to get the tourqe and all my friends were telling me that my back tires were spinning and my front tires were not.

shoulent the h3 when in 4x4 locked shouldent the axels be locked and not have just one spin?

is there a special step to set your locked 4wd?

Name:  DSCF6828.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  74.2 KB
Name:  DSCF6831.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  56.5 KB

Old 09-06-2013, 07:42 AM

You hooked a chain up to your rear shackle? What?

Old 09-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Default read,read,read

theres 1027 posts about lockers,adventure,switches by the radio.
no you do not have adventure. your friends don't know hummers, and,
you hooked a chain??!!
most likely some wheels were spinning front and rear. spinning gets you nowhere.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Might be time to real that manual in the glove box. All H3s have StabiliTrack and Traction Control. When you know what it is, and how it works, they are capable off road vehicles, except for the street tires.

The Adventure Package a base model with the off road package, Lux Off Road had the leather interior + the off road package. In 07 they came with 285 33" tires, shocks with larger piston diameter and valved to be stiffer, a low range T Case 4.03:1 (instead of the 2.64:1 T Case) and locking rear diff.

If you just mashed the gas, then your friends' description might not be far off because that is NOT how the system works. With a non locker H3 you have to let the TC work, bring up the RPMs to say 1100-1300 and hold it there while the TC distributes power to the wheels, slowly applying more throttle if needed. Too much skinny pedal is the first mistake off road newbs make.

Name:  DSC01802.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  97.2 KB

Old 09-06-2013, 02:28 PM

What the above guys are trying to tell you is that:

1) NEVER use a chain, use only a strap and not a strap with hooks on it either, use a plain strap with the ends looped. Chains are dangerous.

2) You do NOT have a rear locking button to the right of the Passenger Air Bag indicator in the 4x4 control bar. So no rear locker means you DO NOT have an Adventure model.

3) like Doc says, slow and easy on the gas will distribute power to ALL wheels. Mashing the gas pedal will spin the tires with the least traction, getting you nowhere.

Last edited by Bunger; 09-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:32 PM

I obviously have so much experince in this field sorry I asked wont happen agin.

Thank you to those that gave me some awnsers

Old 09-06-2013, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by spazz8448
I obviously have so much experince in this field sorry I asked wont happen agin.

Thank you to those that gave me some awnsers
Don't worry about it man, there just some long time HUMMER owners here. Use the search bar to learn more about you H3 and when out in the trail go ease. Not everything can be solved by ramming the gas pedal.

How long have you owned you H3 and what are some of your goals with it?

Old 09-07-2013, 03:59 AM

I've had the h3 for about a year now but I left on deployment about 8 months ago so I haven't got to spend a lot of time with it.

I've ordered a couple things to give it a little more character. I have a Gibson dual exhaust extreme, k&n cold air filter, I had 2 15" alpine type s with a 2000watt lightning audio amp put in it. I absolutely need to find a decently priced HO alternator that will push out about 250 amps but all I've found ran no less than 600$.

I'm going to level it off with the torsin bars and but 315/75/16 tires on the stock rim and plastidip everything chrome to a gloss black (as glossy as plastidip can get) and tinting the front light lights with a light smoke.

Only thing I really need to pay for is the tires and alignment. Firestone on post gave me a price on 5 nitto graplers A/T put on the stock rim and alignment for 1500$

Old 09-07-2013, 07:06 AM

Read here about leveling the H3. Basically 23.5" hub to fender, trail duty bumpstops. WELCOME

Old 09-07-2013, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by spazz8448
I've had the h3 for about a year now but I left on deployment about 8 months ago so I haven't got to spend a lot of time with it.

I've ordered a couple things to give it a little more character. I have a Gibson dual exhaust extreme, k&n cold air filter, I had 2 15" alpine type s with a 2000watt lightning audio amp put in it. I absolutely need to find a decently priced HO alternator that will push out about 250 amps but all I've found ran no less than 600$.

I'm going to level it off with the torsin bars and but 315/75/16 tires on the stock rim and plastidip everything chrome to a gloss black (as glossy as plastidip can get) and tinting the front light lights with a light smoke.

Only thing I really need to pay for is the tires and alignment. Firestone on post gave me a price on 5 nitto graplers A/T put on the stock rim and alignment for 1500$
What branch you in? I just left BAF a few months ago on my 3rd tour downrange with the Army. About the amp just pick up a few power caps if the subs are going to take up a lot of juice. The caps will store the power and when the subs hit the head light won't go dim.

For the tires, will you be on the trails every weekend? I know 35's look great on the H3's but with 285's on my T I almost hit 15 MPG on the street. Back in the day I worked for Firestone and just be sure to keep an eye on them so they just don't "toe and go". Be sure to tell them you want the alignment print out and it'll show you the before and after.

Tinting the front lights look good few a months but I just out grew out of them and removed them. Also they cut down on the light output and not just by a little bit.

4 years later.
Name:  DSCN2077_zps33e0758a.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  146.5 KB

Last edited by SolidJJ; 09-07-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Question on the h3s