PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Question about locking diffs

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Default Question about locking diffs

I'm looking at an H3 & came across one that claims it has front & rear locking diffs.

6SUSPENSION PACKAGE, OFF-ROAD, ADVENTURE

(G94) driver-selectable full-locking rear differential
(G93) driver-selectable full-locking front differential (QLB) LT285/75R16 on-/off-road blackwall tires
(NR6) 4:1 2-speed transfer case
button-actuated full-time 4WD and specially-tuned shocks
The dash looks like this:

To my knowledge, it should have 2 buttons next to the air bag for front & rear (in this case) manual locks w/ the traction control toggle button next to the rear wiper. Obviously, this picture doesn't jive, or does it?

I'm just making sure as I'll use it to haggle the price down as the listed option are "wrong."

Old 11-08-2014, 12:56 PM

That one does not have factory differential locks. If aftermarket ones are installed, there should be switches somewhere.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:03 PM
rsc

That is the base H3 dash panel, no lockers. The H3T had the traction control button moved down by the climate controls, but the locker buttons should be in the upper right corner.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:11 PM
rsc

Not sure where you are, but there is a H3T Alpha in Madison, N.C. for $26.9k and 92k miles. Not too many of those out there.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
That is the base H3 dash panel, no lockers. The H3T had the traction control button moved down by the climate controls, but the locker buttons should be in the upper right corner.
That's what I thought. Yeah, it's an H3, not a H3T, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
That one does not have factory differential locks. If aftermarket ones are installed, there should be switches somewhere.
I'll have to ask. It's not local. There's no alphas within quick driving distance.

The reason I put the locking diffs in quotation is that dealership is stating it was a GM package & not an add on. While having both front & rear would be really nice, it's not necessary as the H3 won't see any offroading, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by rsc
Not sure where you are, but there is a H3T Alpha in Madison, N.C. for $26.9k and 92k miles. Not too many of those out there.
That's closer than this one. The vehicle is actually for my mother. Her new car (about 18 months old) became a lemon around 10 months & Chrysler won't fix any of the issues (suspension, power train, hvac). We owned an H2 for a solid decade, but got rid of it in 2012. She likes the idea of owning a hummer again as they are solidly built & safe. Mileage means nothing if you're dead.

I wish she'd get an H3T, but she doesn't need a truck & doesn't want the longer body. Otherwise, I'd jump all over it. That H3 has 48k miles, which isn't bad at all.

I'm in the market for an H2 SUV. The H3T is tempting, but I really miss the H2, lol. If the H2 SUT had a 5' or 6' bed, I'd be sold, but I'm not dropping 100k on one of those rare 3 axel extended bed SUTs floating around.

Thanks everyone. I'll see if they can provide proof (obviously, they can't). Otherwise, I'll haggle. Don't advertise options that aren't on the hummer!

I believe the glove box has a list of codes that represent all of the packages the vehicle has, right? I can find a decoder online for that, most likely. Should be an easy way. I just have to get them to actually email me a readable picture.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:26 PM
rsc

Good luck with the searches, let us know what y'all get. We love pictures.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
Good luck with the searches, let us know what y'all get. We love pictures.

Should be a H2 & H3. I have my eye on which ones I'd like.

The issue right now is getting the shocks put back on my truck & trading it in towards it. Should be a swap was it's a 2012 ram 2500. Then getting Chrysler to warranty her vehicle (been fighting 6+ months) & trade that POS away. I look forward to vehicles with transmissions that don't break in the first 2 years & 10 months respectively.

I might have the H2 squared away as soon as next week. We'll see. I'll post pics after I get it, make sure everything is in working order, etc, etc.