PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

quality h3 mesh grill

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Default quality h3 mesh grill

just clickin around and came across this, I really liked this kit because it had a hood latch relocator & showed how to install everything. plus they make it in black

link to site: http://www.h3source.com/store/hum-2503.htm

what do you guys think? good? no good? I have too much free time right now?

Old 09-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Default RE: quality h3 mesh grill

looks cool, the only problem I have with wire mesh grills is that on long trips I'd be afraid of them clogging with bugs and other road grime causing a lack of cold air getting to the rad. I may be lazy but the last thing I want to do on a long drive is have to get out and clean off a grill.don't know if that would happen or not, just a theory.

Old 09-07-2006, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

looks cool, the only problem I have with wire mesh grills is that on long trips I'd be afraid of them clogging with bugs and other road grime causing a lack of cold air getting to the rad. I may be lazy but the last thing I want to do on a long drive is have to get out and clean off a grill.don't know if that would happen or not, just a theory.
I had a similar grill in my TT and never had any sorts of problems with bugs or anything getting stuck in it

not the best pic, but you get the idea (mesh behind the silver grill)

Old 09-07-2006, 03:45 PM

My question is;

Even though the kit comes with a hood release relocation adapter(?) But where would it go?..Looking at the front end there is no logical place it could be relocated to unless it's hanging down somewhere beneath the front end..Anywhere else would look chessey out in the open.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:10 PM

if you go to the link he gave and click on install directions or something like that they show step by step pictures of the relocation. I looks like you drill into the latch hook and the new release post gets mounted into the latch above the radiator support. So you would have to squeeze your ahnd under the semi popped open hood to hit the new release post. I don't think my hand will fit in that space, I doubt your will either Dennis.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:13 PM

here are a few of the pics from the website:

Old 09-07-2006, 05:21 PM

just go to home depot and buy a gutter cover that all it is i bought one off ebay and threw it out

Old 09-07-2006, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: HUMMERTOGO

just go to home depot and buy a gutter cover that all it is i bought one off ebay and threw it out
you know what, you're probably right... I'd get it in black anyway, so the question is if I would really care about it being marginally better than the gutter cover... anybody wanna be a guinnea pig?

Old 09-07-2006, 07:05 PM

The one i bought was just the same material
and you have to cut each piece for each opening.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: HUMMERTOGO

The one i bought was just the same material
and you have to cut each piece for each opening.
wow thats horrible, I'm glad that you mentioned that... I seriously considered buying the same thing off ebay a couple weeks ago.

I just noticed your post count and wanted to say and WELCOME!

Quick Reply: quality h3 mesh grill