PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with the site for users...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Default RE: Problems with the site for users...

When I try to reply to a post, a pop up reads "CONTAINS NO DATA" Or ERROR 404. Whats that about? I can read posts, just can't reply or post new ones.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: ONALLFOURS

When I try to reply to a post, a pop up reads "CONTAINS NO DATA" Or ERROR 404. Whats that about? I can read posts, just can't reply or post new ones.
this thread was about a different issue...for the recent problems:
https://www.hummerforums.com/announcement.asp?id=11

Old 07-01-2008, 03:41 PM

Issues X3! The site used to work fine until you started spamming it with Ads, spy cookies and other crap like Web Bugs. Maybe you should consider getting back to the basics because this site is getting lame! Look what happens when you make a word with an apostrophe. Ie... won't. See, your software is totally hosed.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Patrick has absolutely nothing to do with ads, etc. It is the company who owns the site(s) that is doing it. Patrick is not the owner and does not make money off of this site. His job is to Admin and monitor all of the associated sites owned by this company.

This site is a part of 50+ forums all owned and operated by the same company.

You are entitled to your opinions. I'm tired of the problems as well, but when the new server/forum software upgrade is completed, this will all be resolved. Until then unfortunately it is what it is.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Administrator

RealJeep, You are exactly right, the software is screwed up. It requires an upgrade an it is proving to be a lengthy procees. I am sorry for the issues, to all of the members, but we are workiing on it.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:53 PM

HG, you work for a business and looked into starting your own. Do you think this lengthy process would be tolerated by your company or would you have tolerated it while operating your own?
This site is basically here to make money. The forum is just the bait to get us to the commercials. I'm not bashing it, it's just what happens.
These are not new problems, I may not be a computer programmer but it just makes way to much sense to connect the ads with the problems. Thesite is overloaded with crap and it iseffecting the performance of it. It's costing you (the company) money inthe process. Even if everyone stayed around they are visiting or posting as much so that equals less sales to the sponsors, how long will they tolerate this and keep paying their monthly bill to be a sponsor?
I loved this place and have met a lot of great people through it. But someone like me that comes on here to enjoy themselves, not go shopping isn't going to sit here and wait on the higher ups to get their act together. You can focusprimarily on the "bigger" sites, but if you neglect the "little guy" youare going to pay. There are a lot more little guys thenbig ones. Do the math.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 PM

BTW, none of my little rant was meant to be directed at either HG or Patrick (other than the beginning question obviously). It was meant for the owners of the site to see it, if they care enough to check in. Maybe they can see how we feel about it.

I apologize to Mike and Patrick if it came across to you the wrong way.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:51 AM

Well Said rhill!!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 06:06 AM

I have Comcast and have no problem accessing the forum also.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by povar
I have Comcast and have no problem accessing the forum also.
Old Thread.....It's been fixed since then!!!!

Quick Reply: Problems with the site for users...