PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with pcmforlesstune????? UPDATE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Default Problems with pcmforlesstune????? UPDATE!!!!

So as I stated whenI first got my pcm back from Kelly I really didn't notice much of a differnce and over the next week my check engine light came on and now the truck is sputtering realling bad at low rpm's and making a wierd rattle when giving it allot of gas. here is the e-mail I sent to Kelly to hopefully get this resolved. I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem also.

I would also like to note I am not blaming pcmforless or in any bashing them. There are allot of variables here and I would like to work with to get the kinks worked out.

Hi kelly,[/align][/align]I have a problem and am not sure what is going on. For the first few days my h3 ran fine I didn't notice any big differnces in preformanceas many on the hummer forum has stated which we all found odd. Then after a few days the check engine light came on. The turck was in the body shop all last week being painted and I got it back friday and now it's getting worse when I go to take off the truck sputters and even when it get's to full speed it still seems like it is missing or something. [/align]Some times the check engine flashes and other times it just stays on. I have a few things I would like to cross check with you that may be able to help us solve this problem and also I was wondering if I should take it back to the dealer and have it checked?[/align]1. I odered the mid grade gas tune.....which I have ranmid grade gas exclusivly through it since the tune about 1 1/2 tanks so far[/align]2.I have my original pcm but the tcm is yours becasue I didn't know you needed it......should I have had a a re-learn done??? I didn't because I thought it was only needed with the pcm and are you sure I got my original pcm back????[/align]3. I ordered the tune for a cat back exhaust and cold air intake........I don't yet have the caold air intake as they don't make one for 08's yet..........I wouldn't think this to be a big problem and the engine seems more like it is out of time or missing than starving for air.[/align][/align]Thanks for any help you might be able to provide I am really worried some thing is wrong and appreciate any help you may be able to provide.[/align][/align]re... The engine makes a funny rattling noise when accelerating[/align][/align]re... the engine seems to putting out allot carbon as there is allot of back soot around the exhuast[/align][/align]

Old 04-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Default RE: Problems with pcmforlesstune?????

I wonder if the Intake issue is the problem. You had it tuned to run with one, so now your computer is basically looking for more air than it is getting. I would THINK this could cause it to the sputter or choke like it's gasping for air.

Just a guess.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:40 PM

RUT ROH

Old 04-22-2008, 11:00 AM

Ok talking with pcmforless they looked over my tune and assured me even with out the CAI I should have no problems. I took it to the dealer today and he found it was a bad spark plug. Issue resolved. Although I haven't picked it up yet.
I would again like to thank kelly and pcmforless for all thier help in this matter. She has also asked asked I let her know what the problem is which I will be doing here shortly.