PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Problems with K&N Air intake mounting brace

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Default Problems with K&N Air intake mounting brace

I had the opportunity to put a K&N cold air intake on the H3. What a difference in power. It also added a nice growl to the truck when you have to "get on the gas" at higher speeds. I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with making this fit on the truck. The support bracket provided with the package was too short to reach the screw mount at the base of the block. Was this because the kit given to me had the wrong bracket? Perhaps the bracket given was for the Canyon and not the Hummer? The box stated for the Canyon and not the hummer eventhough the dealer stated that the K&N kitsare one in thesame.

Now bring on the Magnaflow exhaust.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Default RE: Problems with K&N Air intake mounting brace

Whats the P/N on the kit?

Old 01-18-2007, 02:59 PM

I installed my kit 4 days ago, #63-1095 kit.... I went throught the instructions a little quick and screwed up, but went back and corrected my error and it fit perfect. Make sure you have the bracket facing the right way when installing it, the instructions are unclear the exact direction. I hit it right the first time and it slipped right on without any manipulation. So far I love the kit, truck sounds great, increased responsiveness and looks better under the hood. The only thing left is that first tank of gas to see if there is any signifgant improvement... even if there isn't I'm still happy. Good Luck with yours...

Old 01-18-2007, 05:07 PM

I got one and I love it too

Old 01-18-2007, 06:40 PM

Thanks guys. The kit number was #63-1095 kit and ordered from PerformanceProducts4trucks.com. I totally agree. I love the look and the prerformance is noticable.

The kit came from them in a brown box and was missing 2 bolts that I easily picked up at the hardware store. I actually tried the brace every way and it never worked. It is okay. I have a friend help me mount it. I recommend this for anyone. It also went on easy enough that is you had to put the old pieces back on, you could. Worth the money.

Thanks again!