PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pricing questions for private sale.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:38 AM
Default Pricing questions for private sale.

Honestly i feel like ive been being more then fair in my price to sell my 2006 H3 i took a great deal of time pricing it based off of KBB, upgrades i completed, as well as prices for damaged equipment. This is baffeling me and i damn near threw up today when a guy offered me 14000 which was just slightly over my trade in offer. Honestly im looking for harsh opinion here on price !!!I AM NOT ATTEMPTING TO SELL IT IN THIS THREAD!!! I really need some ones help to review this and tell me if im messing up pricing or if i need to tough it out and maintain my price.

Any how thanks in Advance this is a link to the detailed Cars.com Add.
2006 Hummer H3, $16,200 - Cars.com

Old 03-27-2012, 04:56 AM

stick to it..Only drawback is the mileage, but it's offset by all the extras you put into it.
I've seen 06 H3's advertised at $ 20K, but with a lot less mileage..

Old 03-27-2012, 05:11 AM

I would strongly consider 14 and try to get him to 15. You'll never get close to 14 as a trade because of the miles. You might have gotten someone to bite but you've said the unholy - it was a smokers vehicle. It may not smell like smoke at all but as crazy as people have become, and the availability of non-smoking vehicles in the same price range, I'm sure turns people off. Couple that with a $400 windshiled, 150 mirror etc and suddenly your vehilce becomes way les competitive. You added wheels, but those are subjective and thats the first thing people always want to change.

For perspective, I bought my 06in the begninning of 2010 with 37k on it for 17,9. I know KBB may say close to 14 but in reality I bet they would start at about 8k. Also, keep in mind, the media keeps telling everyone $5 gas, which I'm sure narrows the market.

I am starting to see quite a few 06's in michigan at the 13-14 k range with 100k+ miles. Also, it doesn't appear it's an adventure model, which would fetch you some more $$$.

If it truely doesn't smell like smoke, don't say anything and let the buyer decide if he smells it. If asked about the burn, your friend did it blahblahblah. I would consider putting a new windshiled in as well.

Also, after looking at the pics, get that thing detailed and take some new pics to post. People want to see clean, if they see clean they think "taken care of" Not that it is obscenely dirty but the photo of the cargo area is dustier than it should be in a sellling photo.

$.02

Last edited by Widespread Hummer; 03-27-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 AM

X2 on the cleaning before you post pix. That rig does not look like it is taken care of to me. When selling anything you want it to look its best for the pix!

With the mileage you have on your rig I would consider $14,500. You will never recover any of the $ you put into "upgrades" unless the person purchasing it wants all of the exact upgrades you have. If you have the OEM peices, put'em back on and sell the other stuff to make up the difference.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:07 AM

This would be an alternative?
Hummer : H3 Hummer : H3 | eBay

I would run with the 14k even if it is trade in because without a trade in you can negotiate a lot better deal

Old 03-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Banned

my first car a 1949 ford in 1959 was priced at 95 $. i offered 65 and the guy took it.
since then ive noticed when buying ,or selling, a car is worth exactly what is offered.
you can bich scream yell and hollar,but the will pay just what they want.

take it or leave it and just let go,or just wait as long as you care to

Old 03-27-2012, 11:43 AM

High mileage, Dents, windshield, smoker vehicle whether you can smell it or not many people can and are allergic to it. Wheels and other things you put into it do not expect to get out of it unless you magically find that one buyer who likes everything that you do.
I wouldn't even pay 14 for it really.
I got my 07 lux with less than half the mileage in perfect shape for 16k. I see 06's for 13-14 on a regular basis that are much cleaner than yours. Your ad also mentions that you need to 'sell it quick' so people aren't going to offer you what you want.

Honestly if I were looking for an H3 and came across your ad the first thing that would come to mind is an off road beater some kid is trying to sell so he can buy a new toy to beat on. Kelly PP value is around 13 with the mileage on it. Your trying to recoup all your money from the toys you put on it. Not going to happen.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Just expounding on what some others have said.

After market wheels are one of the single biggest waste of $$ there is, unless, and only if, you find somebody who likes the same wheels (not likely). So they mean nothing on your resale price, and may lengthen market time.

I don't know what kind of insurance you have, but up here in MI, they are a $100 fix with the right coverage.

Good Luck!

Old 03-27-2012, 03:17 PM

$14,000 should have took the money and ran. Looks pounded hard off road. Which yes is what we like to do but come selling time with those miles on the 3.5 not even 3.7 of the 2007. No way.

Last edited by V8-H3; 03-27-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:59 PM

It worked out for me in the end We sat down and negotiated i got 15200 for it which i think was solely based off of the market down here. There was just some sly moves made on my part with telling him there was another buyer who made and offer of 15,500. This guy already had the intent of purchasing it and had the money in cash literally it was a little sickening when he showed up at my door with 15200 in 100$ bills... Dont worry i took him straight to wells fargo and handled everything in the bank however im more then 100% sure my baby will wind up in mexico and am almost completely posative this guy was a cartel member because of the cash. This overall was a pain in the *** to sell and i greatly apreciate the education you guys gave me on the pricing end of the day yall are a great comunity and very informative the only other group i had been a part of was the corvette community and your help and advice clearly riviled that! Its been a pleasure thanks again.