PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prescott/ Jerome AZ? 1/21

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Default Prescott/ Jerome AZ? 1/21

Hey guys the wife is out of town so I think I'm going to head out to Jerome AZ, get some lunch and explore up around the area, work my way over to the trails around Prescott and just make a day of it. Anyone interested or knows the area post up. It will be my first time trailing up there so let me know.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 PM

Sorry, I'm not in the area. 1200 miles away, but I can lend you a piece of advice.

NEVER WHEEL ALONE! Always wheel with another rig and have enough revocery gear AND enough food/water/clothing/etc. for at least 2 days in case you are stranded. Always let someone who will actually check on you know when you are leaving, where you are going and when you plan on getting back! That way they can alert the proper people in case you don't return.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:51 AM

Good advice. The trails I'm looking at are just some standard loops that stay pretty busy on the weekend and just a short hike away from town when I go alone. Mostly washes and some little hills and see around 50 trucks and ATV when I am out in those areas. I never really do anything extreme in that case as well as bring some spare parts and tools.

I completely agree with you though.

If I do go alone I will be sticking to some popular jeep trails and old mining roads. It's more of a dirt trial through the Mountains that just about any 4x4 could handle. And no more than a few miles from town.