PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Performance chips

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Question Performance chips

Does anyone have any knowledge if those performance chips actually work or are they just a scam? Please share your opinion...

Thanks

Old 02-18-2009, 07:36 PM

Hello Friend,
Can't say for sure about those performance chips....but I recently saw a posting about someone who attached a software upgrade device to the OBD port and downloaded some performance software into the OBD computer for better performance.
And literaly messed up the whole operation of the vehicle.
Shifting was all off sequence and erratic and the vehicle's performance overall was totally ruined!
I wish I could remember the exact posting and redirect you there...so you can read it for yourself.
I believe this process is called: ECU REMAPPING & CHIP TUNING OBD CAR DIAGNOSTIC SOFTWARE.
Please be careful with these products...you can't transform the performance of a HUMMER into that of a Volkswagon.
We must be realistic....It's just not possible as far as Vehicle weight, engine size and capacity is concerned. Just by the physical nature of the size and weight of the vehicle and engine, this efficient performance cannot be achieved.
Perhaps the OBD computer can be reprogrammed for better performance but the software is not compatible with the physical mechanics and design of the vehicle.
Keep me posted on your progress.
Safari Hummer H2
UPDATE: Found the posting!
Titled: "Hummer Crazy Issue"
By: gfng
Date: 1/20/09
Reference to: DIABLO PREDATOR (software)

Last edited by SafariHummerH2; 02-18-2009 at 08:08 PM.