PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PCMforless tuning options (send in, core, loaner)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Default RE: PCMforless tuning options (send in, core, loaner)

Well not to contradick you...But Mine worked fine as soon as I plugged it in..I only had to reset the oil change reminder and take it to the dealer for them to reset the relearn calibration for the crank angle sensor of the engine to clear the Service engine light...and all I gave them before they sent the brand new never been in my truck PCM was my VIN.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Well not to contradick you...But Mine worked fine as soon as I plugged it in..I only had to reset the oil change reminder and take it to the dealer for them to reset the relearn calibration for the crank angle sensor of the engine to clear the Service engine light...and all I gave them before they sent the brand new never been in my truck PCM was my VIN.
!@# %&$* $!( !(#@($(* **$*%%&& #*! !(*#* *@*@ ##**$$*@

OK Now that I got THAT out All that time I spent. Oh well. It's ok. It still rocks my world

Old 10-25-2006, 03:52 AM

Actually 90% of the time you will have to do a security relearn. VIN has nothing to do with this. The BCM links with the PCM's serial number. If the hardware is changed than the BCM has to relink. The only way around the security relearn is to not to use a new or seperate PCM.

The Security relearn only takes 30 minutes, is very easy and is mostly waiting. There are no tools involved. Even a caveman csan do it.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:54 AM

All that is required for the loaner is it to be flashed with the VIN and that should be easy for Alvin to do before he sends it and then you won't have to go through all that learning mode.
Again, This is wrong. VIN has nothing to do with the security relearn. IF anyone has any questions please feel free to ask us.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:18 PM

Read again " Actually 90% of the time you will have to do a security relearn. "

There are certain number of security codes like vats pellet codes. Each controller has its own. When they did your CASE relearn they probally also did a security relearn (PCM BCM relink)

Old 10-26-2006, 10:57 AM

This might of been ask before if so sorry.
What is the procedure of the security relearn.

Thanks

Old 10-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

Thanks
I don't think it's a good idea to post it here, considering it will make it alot easier for people to steal them [:@]

Old 10-26-2006, 12:40 PM

Alvin (or anyone else)

I stayed up past my bedtime to swap out the loaner PCM. I got to work on time this morning so everything worked fine. Alvin, my PCM is on it's way.

I do have a couple of observations and questions:

- During the security relearn procedure (which was necessary on my H3), I noticed that the security 'light-lock' stayed on for approximately the stated mandatory minutes. Then it turned off. Was this coincidence? I waited 5 minutes extra just in case. Point being, I could have been in bed 5 minutes x (number of cycles) earlier if the indicator light 'turning off' is an indication that it is OK to proceed to the next step.

- Also, I wasn't sure if I could exit the vehicle during the process. Didn't want to chance it at 1:30am and possibly start the whole process over.

As far as the connectors are concerned, mine were very snug, but did come out fairly easily. It did help to look at the loaner PCM to see how the pins are oriented and to determine where the inline connector ends and where the socket begins. Also, and very critical to successfully removing them is an explanation of the grey 'seating' clamp. The connectors won't release from the socket unless the grey clamp is fully in the up position. After installing the loaner PCM these clamps seated the connectors perfectly when returned to their front position.

Looking forward to receiving my newly tuned PCM.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

Thanks
I don't think it's a good idea to post it here, considering it will make it alot easier for people to steal them [:@]
Just woundering what it take to do it .Do you need the key on and push some button ? just want a idea if i go threw with this.
They all must be different for each truck for people to steal them.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

- Also, I wasn't sure if I could exit the vehicle during the process. Didn't want to chance it at 1:30am and possibly start the whole process over

You can. I did and it worked fine. You won't ever have to do it again though so it doesn't matter

Quick Reply: PCMforless tuning options (send in, core, loaner)