PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM with 06 H3 5spd manual

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Default PCM with 06 H3 5spd manual

Anyone out there with a pcmforless tune 06 H3 5spd that can give me some input with the tune? How much of a difference with 33"-35" tires? Mpg? Your setup like intake kit, exhaust, and any other mods? I am looking into purchasing new larger tires but will get the tune if there are any others out there that have opinions.
I had read on another owner with a 06 H3 5spd that had a bouncing issue when on/off the gas pedal but after many trips to the dealer the person suspect the pcm was flashed back to stock. I couldn't get confirmation which had resolved the problem and couldn't find any other follow up threads.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Thumbs up 06 H3 with PCM

I've got a 2006 H3 with the 5 spd and 35' tires. I'm running a Volant cold air induction kit, the Gibson single exit cat back exhaust, and a Rancho 4" lift. I was originally unsure about the PCM performance claims and held off for quite a while, but eventually tried it. I marked my computer and sent it in, begged for rides for about a week, and got it back quickly. Although I sent in a detailed sheet of informaton about my driving style, expectations, hopes, and after market parts, I'm not sure that it was necessary.

I suspect that dyno tests (which are not available) would show improvements, but you're not going "feel" the benefits unless your pushing RPMs into the 4K - 5K range. I don't! So don't do the PCM upgrade if you're hoping it'll perform like a V8. Nevertheless, you will experience some subtle performance gains and overall drivability improvements. I do!

I am happy with the performance, and although it isn't "as hyped" it's well worth it. If the dealership were to flash mine to original I would probably send it back for another upgrade. The improvements aren't exciting but they are well worth the price.

Dont get too excited, and don't expect too much, but if you do it I predict that you'll like it.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:23 PM

I don't have mine yet but all the threads I've read on this seem pretty positive. I'm guessing here but the bouncing issue sounds like a suspension issue not a PCM issue. Also if interested PCMforless has a sale going untill May 12 for the H3's

Old 05-07-2009, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by VrtlOfc
I've got a 2006 H3 with the 5 spd and 35' tires. I'm running a Volant cold air induction kit, the Gibson single exit cat back exhaust, and a Rancho 4" lift. I was originally unsure about the PCM performance claims and held off for quite a while, but eventually tried it. I marked my computer and sent it in, begged for rides for about a week, and got it back quickly. Although I sent in a detailed sheet of informaton about my driving style, expectations, hopes, and after market parts, I'm not sure that it was necessary.

I suspect that dyno tests (which are not available) would show improvements, but you're not going "feel" the benefits unless your pushing RPMs into the 4K - 5K range. I don't! So don't do the PCM upgrade if you're hoping it'll perform like a V8. Nevertheless, you will experience some subtle performance gains and overall drivability improvements. I do!

I am happy with the performance, and although it isn't "as hyped" it's well worth it. If the dealership were to flash mine to original I would probably send it back for another upgrade. The improvements aren't exciting but they are well worth the price.

Dont get too excited, and don't expect too much, but if you do it I predict that you'll like it.
does it take the rev limiter and the speed limiter off ??

Old 05-07-2009, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by 3bo0odi
does it take the rev limiter and the speed limiter off ??
Yes those are both options, you can see it on the order sheet here www.PCMforless.com also the faqs section has alot of info.