PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Onstar Atenna question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Default Onstar Atenna question

This is a very elementary question but the salesman at the dealership couldn't answer it. Tomorrow I am picking up a 2007 H3 I am trying to decide between Boulder Grey and Black . Both are similarly equiped but I noticed That the Atenna on the top of the Silver one was flat where the one on the Black Was flat with a stubby antenna coming out the top. Both have onstar and satelite and were delivered within days of each other. My wife says I'm being **** but Im trying to determine if there is a differance. I have always had Black cars but the silver struck a cord. The deal is the same on either which Makes the decision tougher

Old 05-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Default RE: Onstar Atenna question

If there's not a stubby 2" rubber antenna on top, I doubt that the H3 has Onstar, despite what the salesman says. I've been in a rental H3 that did not have Onstar. Does the mirror have the blue Onstar button? If not, no Onstar.

The rental w/o Onstar had a flat black plug where the antenna should be - it did not look like an antenna. If you aren't sure, try and get them to demo it.

This is what the traditional Onstar antenna looks like:

Old 05-04-2008, 12:03 PM

That is exactly how the one looks on the black unit the silver one has the flat antenna but the carfax says it has onstar enabled. I'll look at the mirror on the silver tommorrow. the black is a factory employee car and the silver was a rental

Old 05-04-2008, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: rizzo66

That is exactly how the one looks on the black unit the silver one has the flat antenna but the carfax says it has onstar enabled. I'll look at the mirror on the silver tommorrow. the black is a factory employee car and the silver was a rental
Someone could have stolen the antenna on the rental.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

I honestly didn't know that they didn't come with on-star... I thought that was on just about every GM product now... like it or not....

My question would be... Did one have XM and one didn't?? Like suggested... demand a demo ofboth features.... and if they try and tell you that you need to activate XM before it works... then make them do it on channel 1... or channel 247.... they are always active on any radio with power and an antenna...