PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One more tire question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Default One more tire question

sorry to aid in the beating of a dead horse, but when you say a 315/75/16 tire will fit without rubbing, does this include when the suspension is at maximum travel up? does this size require the torsion leveling?

thanks in advance

Old 02-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

OK......... last one.

35s fit no matter what suspension position, stuffed into the fender as far as possible, or dangling from a three point.

You do not have to do anything to adjust the T Bars to install 35s.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Hey midwest, not sure where you found the information you posted about above? The 315/75R16s WILL rub a little on the sway bar @ full lock (left and right). It is not an issue as you don't usually turn @ full lock. You should not have any rubbing at full compression up front and it depends on the actual tire and brand if it will very slightly rub in the back, but that is only in extreem articulation (3 wheeling action).

No torsion bar leveling is required. Most will raise the front to get rid of the "stink bug" look. Anywhere from 22"-23 1/2" from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender usually takes care of the "stink bug" look.

By the way you have used up your "beating of a dead horse" post for the month.

Last edited by TAINTER; 02-01-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Rubbin the sway bar at full steering lock don't count .

Old 02-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Default T Bar adjustment question

Originally Posted by TAINTER
No torsion bar leveling is required. Most will raise the front to get rid of the "stink bug" look. Anywhere from 22"-23 1/2" from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender usually takes care of the "stink bug" look.
i'm going to tackle the t bar adjustment this weekend and i just want to make sure i understand the measurement part. when i measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender is this with or without the tires mounted? i'm not sure if it even matters but i'd rather ask before i get in there. i assume this measurement is with the front end up on jack stands and the tires off but please correct me if i'm mistaken.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by zderekv
i'm going to tackle the t bar adjustment this weekend and i just want to make sure i understand the measurement part. when i measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender is this with or without the tires mounted? i'm not sure if it even matters but i'd rather ask before i get in there. i assume this measurement is with the front end up on jack stands and the tires off but please correct me if i'm mistaken.
You would be mistaken.

You do not need a jack to adjust the T Bars for lift. Measure with the tires on the ground.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 AM

thanks doc! that's just what i'll do then - glad i asked.

any tricks of the trade you'd be willing to share with a somewhat mechanically inclined h3 noob to make this mod even easier than it already sounds? anything i should beware of?

Old 02-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

I usually suggest taking a spin around the block after the adjustments, some left turns and some right turns on the trip, maybe even some safe swerves where appropriate, then come back and measure again to see where you end up. If it is still where you want both sides, its all good. If you need to tweak it a tad, do so.

Then check it again after a few days before you go get an alignment.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:40 PM

i appreiciate the tips. thanks for the hindsight.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Default t-bar adjust was pretty easy

Followed the instructions on the forums and it looks much better level, big difference.

Quick Reply: One more tire question