PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise from rear cargo door

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Default Noise from rear cargo door

Last week, After taking another Off-road trip, I noticed that I hear a Metalic sound coming from the rear door when ever I hit a bump.

The sound was not there before.

I order to kill the sound (I just hate rattle sound in my cars) I've put a piece of cloth on the right side of the cargo area on top of the metal hitch (that piece of metal which the door lock closes on).

I’ve looked at the screws holding the hitch and the lock, and they are 100% tied. I can not see any loose movement there?

Anyone else has this problem? Any suggestions for a long term solution?

Thanks in advance for your help

Haim

[IMG]local://upfiles/3019/99692A1578784D9EB5BDC01EA849483B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-24-2007, 12:41 AM
Default RE: Noise from rear cargo door

open the jack compartment and check the jack, it comes loose there is a plastic nut that holds it tight and it comes loose...................... i think they look like they could strip easy as well so be carefull also take the jack right out and make sure it is packed properly.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:25 AM

Is your spare tire tight?

Old 08-24-2007, 06:46 AM

It's not the jack (I even removed the jack, and the noise was still there), And it's not the spare tire (it's securly tied on).

It the rear door lock banging against the hook it's supposed to lock on. As I said a little piece of cloth over this hook and the noise is 100% gone.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:29 AM

I get several squeaks and moans from the back of mine. I plan to Dynamat everything to quiet it down. I recently did the hood and added a hood insulator too.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:10 AM

Take it to the dealer for an adjustment. Now that you found the problem, have the dealer fix it. Good job with the troubleshooting. Great pic, BTW [/align]

Old 08-24-2007, 10:55 AM

Alrok,
I was trying to avoid this part (going to the dealer) but I guess you are correct. Have to pay him a visit

Old 08-25-2007, 12:28 PM

mine just started to do the same thing.... I pulled on the spare tire and the rear cargo door moves when shut. She needs adjustment.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:23 PM

I hear noise from mine too. Please post what the dealer does to fix it.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: haiminger

Alrok,
I was trying to avoid this part (going to the dealer) but I guess you are correct. Have to pay him a visit

I think you jinxed me haiminger, or maybe all H3s are programmed to do this in late August. My rear door started rattling around today offroad. Sounded like big heavy clunking, like the door wasn't fully latched. I used your proven trick of a towel on the latch to quiet the sound. Looks like I'll have the dealer address it whenever I get my steering shaft fix.
[/align]

Quick Reply: Noise from rear cargo door