PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Default RE: noise

I don't have the camera with me (it's at work)..

But it's pretty simple to explain..

Standingat the passenger side of the hood (open)..looking at the large silver shield around the exhaust manifold..the nuts form a triangle pattern..one on top middleand one on either end down lower..the one in the topmiddle you can get to with a stander ratchet and extention with a 10mm socket..the one on the right can be got to with a box end 10mm wrench and the one on the left is behind the transmission dip stick pipe..takes a little doing, but a 1/4" drive ratched and a 10mm socket will fit in there...All this while standing on your tippy toes so you don't rub against the finish and rub fine scratches in...you should get a step stool and a blanket to lay over the fender..

Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 AM

You got it Lil Monsterman....tight nuts are a good thing![sm=exactly.gif]

Old 03-02-2007, 12:32 AM

Thank you Denny![sm=kissykissy.gif] I will cross my fingers that the hubby has those tools and give her a whirl! A step stool will be in order considering I can barely see over the fender to reach under the hood LOL. I will let you know if it works.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Little Monster

ORIGINAL: LawWyfe

Well Denny, take a pic for me and diagram it and I will tighten my own danged nuts! That will be lesson #1 in Hummer H3 mechanics 101! SHOW ME YOUR NUTS!
Let me see if I understand this...Dennis had tight nuts when he looked before and then he tightened up three of them (gifted man) and now that his 10 mm nuts are tight once again you would like a picture of his tight nuts???
Let me lift the vail of confusionfor you..

The first time I checked my nuts waswhen this topic was cover thoroughlyseveral months ago..I had tapped and bangedthe shield with a hammer handle to see if that made it rattle..none..I checked for any metal to metal rubbing..none..So I assumed my nuts were tight then...But little did I know they must of been slightly loose all along but not so loose you could feelmynuts turnwith your fingers (are you hot yet Sarah?)...So this time I took matters into my own hands and really put the pressure on my nuts until they squeaked...There, understand now?

Old 03-02-2007, 12:42 AM

Denny, gawd I love it when you talk dirty! [sm=teetertooter.gif]

Old 03-02-2007, 01:12 AM

Almost time for the GET A ROOM License Plate

Old 03-02-2007, 01:23 AM

[sm=exactly.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=grinangel.gif]

Old 03-02-2007, 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Almost time for the GET A ROOM License Plate
Daddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Little Monster<~~~~~~~~~~~~Heeeeeeeee started ittttttttttttt! [sm=grinangel.gif]

Old 03-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Oh!...One more thing Sarah and any other non-mechanical kinda persons...The old rule of thumb for nuts and bolts typically.

Turn:
Lefty--- Loosey (CCW)<-------------forour Canadianmates,that speels everything with the European flair and colour and flavour,that would be Anti-Clockwise

Righty---Tighty (CW)

Old 03-02-2007, 11:41 AM

Thank you Denny...going to give it a try this weekend when I have time toplay musicalcars out of the garage to get to the workbench and find the righttools. muchas smoochas!

Quick Reply: noise