PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NO MORE RATTLE IN STEERING SHAFT AFTER TORSION BAR ADJUSTMENT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Default RE: NO MORE RATTLE IN STEERING SHAFT AFTER TORSION BAR ADJUSTMENT!!!

Mine is at the Dealer today -- the techs looked at it for 5 hours and still couldn't find the source of the noise -- they say it is NOT the steering shaft. Saw an old post here that G Man had a similar issue that sounded like the front suspension and it was the hood latch. Anyone got this problem and some lithium grease to try a little on the hood hinge hook/striker wire??? I would try, but mine is in the shop for the night

I could see that this could maybe be a cause since any rubbing there could transfer to the rad support-then to the inner fenders-then to the firewall/dash-then to the floor. It would also make sense that the hood latch could rub as one corners since the body structure would twist a bit -- I'm grabbing at straws here, but I am desparate

The Tech at the dealership told me that he tightened and loosened and retightened everything he could think of -- they have been great so far, and even gave me a free loaner for the night.