PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

newest member of my Hummer Family

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Default RE: newest member of my Hummer Family

If I can get my other male dog to stop growling at him I'll be ok.[:@]

Old 01-10-2007, 10:32 PM

He's a cutie for sure! Those ears!! I love 'em!! You better clip those nails too, if you have hardwood floors they'll be scratched to hell in no time!! The other pooch will stop growling at him eventually, he's just trying to show his rank and push his weight around. Usually, the females are the worst! We had major food aggression issues with one of ours, she finally got over it with alot of training. But she still eats first, the others wait their turn.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:43 PM

I thought I was going to have a problem with the female too (german shepard) but she doesn't give a crap...the other male, a 3 year old Shelty/eskimo...my god!! I guess because the shelty is a herding dog all he does is push the puppy into a corner and then lays down...whenever the pup moves he growls. I came out of the bathroom and there was the pup and two cats huddled together in the corner, with Jake (the shelty) guarding them closely

Old 01-10-2007, 11:59 PM

Yea, you could have some issues. There may be one big, bad confrontation and things may cool off. You should watch the pup for now though. One thing I've learned with dogs ... size does NOT matter!! My brothers Jack Russell terrier will try to rip a 200# dogs throat out, without hesitation!! The little pup's probably scared and intimatated being introduced into the pack. You should let him sleep with you for a couple weeks! He needs to bond with you and your wife!! Poor little guy!

What cha' gonna name him? Auris [latin for ears] .. that would be a cute name! Maybe not manly enough ... [8D]

Old 01-11-2007, 12:01 AM

Cute pup!!...What the heck is one more? I'll bet your little guy is having a blast with him...That has to make it worth it

Old 01-11-2007, 12:07 AM

yea, Tyler is having fun with him...too much actually. He woke up 20 minutes into his nap this aftrnoon screaming PUPPY....PUPPY.

My mother lives downstairs from us (mother/daughter style house) and I mainly got the pup to keep her company. He will spend the nights with her and then go whever he wants during the day. Luckily for him we have 15 rooms here so he has plenty of places to go to get away from the othe male dog.

Dennis, how do I get a dog pee smell out of my cloth seats....It's driving me nuts!!!

Old 01-11-2007, 06:20 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Too bad he peed on the seat on the ride home[:@]

AWWWWWW....Congrats IK!!! Very SWEET!!!